• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Multi site one App

asdriel

Apr 26, 2019
www.bantu-2rsn.com
What we are trying to do now is to create a new website that shares the same catalog as the current website (database).
we have a sales website

and we intend to generate an app for this new site that will consume the existing database.

On the new website, PRODUCTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED, NOR CHANGED, NOR MANAGED. It will be just a website to BUY.

How can we do it?

What we are trying to do now is to create a new website that shares the same catalog as the current website (database).
we have a sales website

and we intend to generate an app for this new site that will consume the existing database.

On the new website, PRODUCTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED, NOR CHANGED, NOR MANAGED. It will be just a website to BUY.

How can we do it?
What you can do is you can use the old database tabe (product table) for your new website.
In your new website you will use product table only retrieve the data.
If you are selling those products you have to make a new table naming sales (any name) to record the sales.
hope this helps.

Reactions: asdriel
I intend to create a new site to consume the products table and finalize purchases because the current site is slow, the idea is to improve the performance of the site in this way, consuming only the products that are at the base of the previous site and allow the purchase, and generate a app of this new lighter version

You need to provide more info than that like your backend, the full stack.

If you're in WP then I could suggest headless WP + React/Vue. You'd need to play around with REST-API a bit

Reactions: ckeeper and asdriel
I intend to create a new site to consume the products table and finalize purchases because the current site is slow, the idea is to improve the performance of the site in this way, consuming only the products that are at the base of the previous site and allow the purchase, and generate a app of this new lighter version
Here is what I understand from your dilemna, you have a site you sell some products but it is slow, and you want to speed up the site by creating a second sales site, instead of looking at the source of the problem, seems like you are trying to build on top of your problem. All the suggestions above are good but will be relatively complex and costly solutions. Why not solve your problem instead of building on top of it, you can use loadbalancers to promote auto scaling and reduce the load on one server, it will be duplicated as many as required depending on your traffic hits, you will never experience any slow speeds again. My 2 cents.

• Love
Reactions: Mr G and asdriel
Here is what I understand from your dilemna, you have a site you sell some products but it is slow, and you want to speed up the site by creating a second sales site, instead of looking at the source of the problem, seems like you are trying to build on top of your problem. All the suggestions above are good but will be relatively complex and costly solutions. Why not solve your problem instead of building on top of it, you can use loadbalancers to promote auto scaling and reduce the load on one server, it will be duplicated as many as required depending on your traffic hits, you will never experience any slow speeds again. My 2 cents.
I completely agree, unfortunately the customer doesn't want to understand it that way.

I completely agree, unfortunately the customer doesn't want to understand it that way.
Just FYI, I had these kind of difficult customers, best way to handle them is to explain you can actually save big by applying loadbalancers with auto scale up/down depending on the traffic, the way they are insisting requires dedicated resources without down scaling, which means will be costing them more in the long run. Try explaining it this way and let me know if it worked for you. ;)

Customer's from hell, yeah they're real PIA. I agree with @ckeeper 's solution, it's more efficient. But IF they insist then offer the React frontend solution. Charge him more, then subcon the project for less. They can re-use the code on thousands of domains and subdomains (exaggeration), but they'll call you back again because they want to add something or they need to update the hero for a new promotion. If they have 10 websites that's 10X income for you :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: ckeeper and asdriel
Customer's from hell, yeah they're real PIA. I agree with @ckeeper 's solution, it's more efficient. But IF they insist then offer the React frontend solution. Charge him more, then subcon the project for less. They can re-use the code on thousands of domains and subdomains (exaggeration), but they'll call you back again because they want to add something or they need to update the hero for a new promotion. If they have 10 websites that's 10X income for you :eek:
Unfortunately, I'm not a React Dev.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock