• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Wordpress Data Website?

noname12

Feb 18, 2020
I am trying to add a data section to my website.

The idea is once people login they can then look at the data - 5 columns and 1000 rows, with say 100 records per page. And some filters on the left hand side for people to filter data.

Currently we are doing it through awesome tables (for example):

and embedding it into the page. But awesome table is taking 3-5 minutes just to load.

How can I do that in wordpress?

Did you try TablePress?
Just looked at it. There aren't many table options. Here's an example of what I am trying to do:

There is a search bar on top navbar to filter data. and different filtering options on the left. Is it something I can't do with wordpress?

My bad. I need a table plugin.

The problem I am facing is that my table is huge - a 34MB csv. I tried wpdatatables but it doesn't allow me to load all data at once. So I tried chunking it. The problem is wpdatatables doesn't have a csv load option for existing tables. Only way to add more data is to manually enter it. So that didn't work.

I tried Tablepress. It allows me to load csv into an existing table, so that was great. I could break down the big file into multiple files and load it. The problem there is on the "Edit Table" page it tries to load all table data at once. There is no pagination so the page takes ages to load.

Anyone knows how I can create a table from the 34 mb csv with pagination.

Thanks in advance.

5 columns, 1000 rows, and then a size of 34MB? How do you do that?
It started out with 1000 rows, now the data size has bloated to 12000 rows and 20 columns :cry:

I have tried multiple table plugins till now:
Tablepress simply doesn't work.
Ninja Tables can handle it. The problem is their "hide/show" columns function doesn't work for some reason.

The best of the lot has been - wpdatatables. But the functionality of hiding 15 columns and only displaying when row is clicked can be found in the master-data plugin which is not available on the forum. Trying to find it from other sources.

Seems like you're more looking for a business directory plugin (have a look at Directories Pro: https://babia.to/resources/directories-pro-plugin-for-wordpress.1333/) possibly combined with an advanced filtering plug-in like FacetWP (https://babia.to/resources/facetwp-advanced-filtering-plugin-for-wordpress.153/).
After trying to build a table I gave up and now trying to build a directory. Though Directories Pro doesn't work with Divi I guess. I keep getting "Updating failed. Error message: The response is not a valid JSON response." Please help.

If you learn to do it from PHPMyAdmin, WPDataTables can handle milions of rows, although you will probably get errors on certain queries. I only have the regular version with no addons.

Reactions: noname12
After trying to build a table I gave up and now trying to build a directory. Though Directories Pro doesn't work with Divi I guess. I keep getting "Updating failed. Error message: The response is not a valid JSON response." Please help.

There are CSV importers for WP that might be able to help you if you're going to use a Directory plugin. 34MB should be easy to work with, it's not a big file, you might have to update your PHP settings to allow bigger file uploads.

Reactions: noname12
There are CSV importers for WP that might be able to help you if you're going to use a Directory plugin. 34MB should be easy to work with, it's not a big file, you might have to update your PHP settings to allow bigger file uploads.
What should be the ideal PHP timeout setting for this?

Directories pro had a chunking option so it got the job done easily. But I didn't want a directory.

I wanted a datatable. The problem I faced was on wpdatatables and then trying to create datatables using gravity forms and then gravityview datatables plugin. And oh man, that was such a pain in the ass.

If you learn to do it from PHPMyAdmin, WPDataTables can handle milions of rows, although you will probably get errors on certain queries. I only have the regular version with no addons.
Yea I finally came around to doing that. Created all the rows in a separate table, then loaded CSV through the phpmyadmin import option. Then connected to the table through wpdatatables SQL option. The tables come up very fast.

Though the next issue I am trying to resolve is that one of my columns is a mediumtext i.e. lots of data. When rendered it covers the whole page.

One option is to wait for master-details plugins so that I can move it to the details page and people can still see it by clicking on the row detail. We still don't have that on the forum.

Any ideas on how I can get the column to hide unless hover over or something?

I don't know if there is an ideal PHP timeout. I usually put 180 as the timeout but I've installed scripts that tell you to put it really high like 720.

As far as hiding columns I'm not sure. I know you can completely hide them with the standard version but when you go to export, it still won't export the hidden columns.

I just looked my site has over 30,000,000 rows (broken up into over 100 tables). The DB is about 10GB. I have 16 columns which all fit in their own way. You have to export to make it look decent though. On mobile it's even rougher to view. I tell the site users to pick what they want, then export on mobile because of the poor viewing experience.

I've attached some images from the biggest table I have. It's over 3,000,000 rows. Also to give you an idea of what it looks like on a computer.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.png
    2.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 16
You can try formidable forms pro version which has the ability to import via csv and you can also display and filter results in the front end via views and search forms

I forgot to mention when using WPDataTables after uploading through PHPMyAdmin it's really easy to call the table in WordPress. The SQL query is SELECT * FROM TableName

You don't have to add each column in manually.

I forgot to mention when using WPDataTables after uploading through PHPMyAdmin it's really easy to call the table in WordPress. The SQL query is SELECT * FROM TableName

You don't have to add each column in manually.
I am using that option. Though later I came to know my tables had duplicates so I ran SELECT * from TableName Group by Column 1, Column 2.

This is slightly slower than the running a simple select.

I don't know if there is an ideal PHP timeout. I usually put 180 as the timeout but I've installed scripts that tell you to put it really high like 720.

As far as hiding columns I'm not sure. I know you can completely hide them with the standard version but when you go to export, it still won't export the hidden columns.

I just looked my site has over 30,000,000 rows (broken up into over 100 tables). The DB is about 10GB. I have 16 columns which all fit in their own way. You have to export to make it look decent though. On mobile it's even rougher to view. I tell the site users to pick what they want, then export on mobile because of the poor viewing experience.

I've attached some images from the biggest table I have. It's over 3,000,000 rows. Also to give you an idea of what it looks like on a computer.
Yours still look quite good.

Mine looks terrible. There is one column which further contains common separated value. It is basically a document stored within a column. Rendering that means more than half of screen goes to that one column. It is one of the highlight features of my data so cannot hide it.

On going through the wpdatatables documentation:

I found that you can add a css class to the table column and then access the cell using: table td.my-class. Now I am noob in css so I don't know how to use that info. I found this js code:
and still can't put it together :(

A massive column is what makes the mobile version look horrible on mine unless you turn your device sideways. I don't know of a workaround to that.

Is there a way to maybe link to the massive column and have it open up within the page? I would think if you minimized that column somehow you could get it to work.

Or lookup some CSS code to maybe make that specific column a fixed height. I'm sure it will take a bit of tinkering to get it to work. Probably add the CSS to the actual page, then add the CSS class into the actual table.

My column is huge. It covers the screen even on desktop, let alone mobile. There is a way to open it within the page in a modal - it is part of the master-details plugin released recently.

Yes it will take some tinkering and I am a complete noob in css so it take more time for me to figure this out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock