• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How can I make a copy of a local website on Windows in order to retrieve data from my WordPress site with the same theme hosted on my host?

mahdi.49

Aug 14, 2022
I have a wordpress website where articles are published on a daily basis, and I'd like to quickly send this data to my site, which is hosted on my Windows with xammp local setup.

Is there a plugin that can accomplish this to solve this issue?

Crocoblock jet engine plugins do they work?

It can be achieved but not by the way you are imagining it, unfortunately, I don't have the technical expertise for it.
Your local computer must have an active internet connection and you need to implant a rule for your local WordPress directory (xampp) to have access to the internet and place a bridge between your two versions of WordPress.
If I'm not mistaken I have seen one such example on youtube or StackOverflow.

Reactions: mahdi.49
Use database replication. From your main website to your local instance. This way you have your articles instantly on your local server.
If you have dynamic IP at your home you might want to use a DDNS service.
I can suggest you this Ludicrousdb for replication.

Yes, I agree, but not in the way you suggest.
but I'd like When I run xampp, it retrieves all data from my hosted website that was previously published.
It can be achieved but not by the way you are imagining it, unfortunately, I don't have the technical expertise for it.
Your local computer must have an active internet connection and you need to implant a rule for your local WordPress directory (xampp) to have access to the internet and place a bridge between your two versions of WordPress.
If I'm not mistaken I have seen one such example on youtube or StackOverflow.

Last edited:
Use database replication. From your main website to your local instance. This way you have your articles instantly on your local server.
If you have dynamic IP at your home you might want to use a DDNS service.
I can suggest you this Ludicrousdb for replication.
How can it be used effectively?

Is it necessary to upload the plugin on both websites?

I'm reading documentation, but it's a little difficult.

I have a wordpress website where articles are published on a daily basis, and I'd like to quickly send this data to my site, which is hosted on my Windows with xammp local setup.

Is there a plugin that can accomplish this to solve this issue?

Crocoblock jet engine plugins do they work?
A way to quickly send data from your live WordPress site to your local setup without using plugins is to manually export the live site's database and import it into your local setup.

Here's an overview of the process:
  1. On your live site, go to phpMyAdmin and export the database by clicking on the "Export" button.
  2. On your local site, go to phpMyAdmin and create a new database.
  3. Import the live site's database into your local database by clicking on the "Import" button and choosing the exported file from step 1.
  4. Replace the live site's URL with your local site's URL in the wp_options table.
  5. Change the wp-config.php file on your local setup with the correct database information
  6. Visit your local site to confirm that the data has been imported correctly.
YOU CAN DO THIS AUTOMATICALLY USING THIS PYTHON SCRIPT:
Python:
import os

# Export live site's database
os.system("mysqldump -u {user} -p{password} {database} > live_site_db.sql")

# Import exported database into local setup
os.system("mysql -u {user} -p{password} {database} < live_site_db.sql")

# Replace live site's URL with local site's URL
os.system("sed -i 's/{live_site_url}/{local_site_url}/g' {database}")

# Update wp-config.php file with correct database information
from wpconfig import WPConfig
config = WPConfig(path='path/to/wp-config.php')
config.set_db_name('{database}')
config.set_db_user('{user}')
config.set_db_password('{password}')
config.save()

you need to have the command line interface mysqldump, mysql, sed and python libraries os, wpconfig installed on your machine before running the script.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock