• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Show woocommerce category as a print menu

xlx

Dec 13, 2018
Hello everyone,

Wishing each one of you a peaceful and productive new year.

I needed some help, one of my client needs their product category to be listed as a Printed menu (attached screenshot sample)
Could anyone guide If there is a plugin or a code piece that can do this.

Thanks for all the help

b024c8bb-2438-4403-8ccd-19ad5206744b.jpg

Hello everyone,

I needed some help, one of my client needs their product category to be listed as a Printed menu (attached screenshot sample)

Thanks for all the help

It's not a easy task within done with a plugin or code piece.
You may have 2 way:
1- Creating a PHP file named printed-menu.php and you need to make design with this menu design and you need to insert a code for each item (for example: for printing the name of any category
PHP:
<?php echo get_the_category_by_ID( 'category_id_here' ); ?>
) (for price, description every item...)

2- You may find a plugin for making "display" each item on the page (you may look gravity forms and woocommerce addon, you may need additional addons too)

• Love
Reactions: xlx
Thanks a ton @guguk bro, i know it will be an uphill task for me as I'm pretty uncomfortable with coding, but appreciate that you have given me a starting point to which way I should be looking,

Thanks for your help and patience.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the help

Hello,
You didn't even mention what platform you're on. But thanks to @guguk I can assume you are using WordPress :ROFLMAO:

1. What plugins/theme do you use to build the website from wp-admin dashboard ?
2. Is that all the menu your customer has, with 4 food categories written in red titles ?

Now you have 2 options to do it:
a. dynamic content - the only reasons you'd want this is either because you have a lot of categories and dishes, or your customer wants to log in the admin to add/remove categories or dishes himself in the future.
Now comes another question - Where and how do you keep infomration about the categories and dishes ? Posts/Custom Post Types and Taxonomies /Page content/Other way..
- static content - based on your answers and the tools you use, there are hundreds of ways to do it. But if that's all the menu and dynamic content isn't needed, you can just upload the same image of it on the front page :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: guguk
Hello,
You didn't even mention what platform you're on. But thanks to @guguk I can assume you are using WordPress :ROFLMAO:

1. What plugins/theme do you use to build the website from wp-admin dashboard ?
2. Is that all the menu your customer has, with 4 food categories written in red titles ?

Now you have 2 options to do it:
a. dynamic content - the only reasons you'd want this is either because you have a lot of categories and dishes, or your customer wants to log in the admin to add/remove categories or dishes himself in the future.
Now comes another question - Where and how do you keep infomration about the categories and dishes ? Posts/Custom Post Types and Taxonomies /Page content/Other way..
- static content - based on your answers and the tools you use, there are hundreds of ways to do it. But if that's all the menu and dynamic content isn't needed, you can just upload the same image of it on the front page :ROFLMAO:
He was just mentioned "product category" so probably he mentioned "woocommerce". :)
I did not offer to him "another ways" (custom post type or dynamic content) because I assumed that the project has been finished.
So it will be more quickly to making custom php file or using a plugin which can make populate values (category, price, descripton etc) dynamically and making on a standart page.

He was just mentioned "product category" so probably he mentioned "woocommerce". :)
I did not offer to him "another ways" (custom post type or dynamic content) because I assumed that the project has been finished.
So it will be more quickly to making custom php file or using a plugin which can make populate values (category, price, descripton etc) dynamically and making on a standart page.
No worries mate, I don't think there's anything wrong your reply. I just wanted to point out that he didn't even tell us what he's using to build the website. You just tried to help him with an idea

Reactions: guguk
No worries mate, I don't think there's anything wrong your reply. I just wanted to point out that he didn't even tell us what he's using to build the website. You just tried to help him with an idea
No no mate please no offend I just explain why I was suggest these ways, your approach obviously good

Peace @unusual_research bro, thanks for pointing it out. it was an obvious mistake from my end not mentioning.

I am using WordPress and Elementor as the page builder, and your assumption of it being dynamic is correct, as the admin will access and disable products depending on the season.

Thanks for your assistance and @guguk bro for the guidance

Peace @unusual_research bro, thanks for pointing it out. it was an obvious mistake from my end not mentioning.

I am using WordPress and Elementor as the page builder, and your assumption of it being dynamic is correct, as the admin will access and disable products depending on the season.

Thanks for your assistance and @guguk bro for the guidance
Hello again, here's what you need to do in my opinion
  1. Create a custom post type for menu items.
  2. Create a custom taxonomy for menu sections.
  3. Add custom fields to the menu item post type.
    • You will want to add a checkbox type custom field to allow the owner to disable the item depending on the dish type.
    • You can find other potential custom fields here
  • For steps 1, 2, 3, you can use free plugins like CPT UI and Advanced Custom Fields (or just ACF, as I think it can create custom post types now) , or go with the more complex Crocoblock JetEngine which allows you
  1. Create a template for the menu page using Elementor.
  • You will just need the homepage here not to get things too complicated, or 2 pages at most: Home and Menu . All the information should be contained in these pages
  1. Use a dynamic widget in an elementor page template to display the menu items dynamically (query loop)
  • I think the "Query Posts" widget in Elementor can do this. I am not using Elementor
  • Here you also want to filter the query based on the custom taxonomy. Not sure if u can do it with the free version of the plugins, but there are tons out there.
  • Use conditional logic in Elementor to hide disabled menu items based on the checkbox custom field I mentioned above.

Hope this helps,
    Cheers ! ✌️

• Love
Reactions: lumerria and xlx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edseds
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock