• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

I Need Help: I have no idea what to do with VPS Server

crystalom34

May 20, 2021
Hello

I have been using shared hosting for a long time. I've never used a VPS before.

Yesterday I purchased one.

But everything is so different from shared hosting. I watched a lot of tutorials on YouTube and spent all day and night reading articles but nothing.

I could not set up the server to install my app

I have installed cyberpanel.

But my VPS ip address is still naked.

I have two domain:
1. domain.com
2. Domain2.com

How do I map my vps ip 184.67.86.6 to domain.com?

How do I create a website on cyberpanel for my second domain with cyberpanel login details like share host normally do?

Please I need help.

Note: I have a php app I want to install on second domain.

Hello

I have been using shared hosting for a long time. I've never used a VPS before.

Yesterday I purchased one.

But everything is so different from shared hosting. I watched a lot of tutorials on YouTube and spent all day and night reading articles but nothing.

I could not set up the server to install my app

I have installed cyberpanel.

But my VPS ip address is still naked.

I have two domain:
1. domain.com
2. Domain2.com

How do I map my vps ip X.X.X.X to domain.com?

How do I create a website on cyberpanel for my second domain with cyberpanel login details like share host normally do?

Please I need help.

Note: I have a php app I want to install on second domain.
Set your domain 1 as hostname then add another domain as default like cPanel/Plesk :)
If you want to enclose your server ip on domain 1, you can use cloudflare (require supported ports setup for your admin access) or reverse proxy to another IP/port

Set your domain 1 as hostname then add another domain as default like cPanel/Plesk :)
If you want to enclose your server ip on domain 1, you can use cloudflare (require supported ports setup for your admin access) or reverse proxy to another IP/port
HOnestly, I have no idea what you just talked about. Think i can dm you my details for help?

I have checked cyberpanel demo at https://demo.cyberpanel.net/.

Login to cyberpanel and go to Main -> Websites -> Create website
As per documentation, you can login to cyberpanel at https://ipaddress:8090

You need to also setup DNS to correctly point domain to server

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-13 152144.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-07-13 152144.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 18
I have checked cyberpanel demo at https://demo.cyberpanel.net/.

Login to cyberpanel and go to Main -> Websites -> Create website
As per documentation, you can login to cyberpanel at https://ipaddress:8090

You need to also setup DNS to correctly point domain to server
I can login in to my cyberpanel using the ip address.

Normally shared hosting only give nameservers which i use to update my domain and everything works fine.

How do i get this nameservers on vps?

I can login in to my cyberpanel using the ip address.

Normally shared hosting only give nameservers which i use to update my domain and everything works fine.

How do i get this nameservers on vps?

Just set the nameservers of your domain to default of what your domain provider offers then go to the DNS Manager option from your domain provider panel and add A record of domain pointing to your server IP and another name record for www.
That's it, it will point your domain to cyberpanel and from that you will be able to install SSL and all.

1. This is dns manager for leaknude.cc. I registered this at namesilo.com screenshot (27).png

2. This is dns manager for mypalio.com screenshot (26).png

3. This is screenshot from my vps server

screenshot (25).png

server sent me a nameserver in welcoming email but it is just:
ns1 (45.5.56) and ns2 (45.5.6)

@wastedolphine
@khero
@thambyz @funguy @KaoVN

Last edited:
1. This is dns manager for leaknude.cc. I registered this at namesilo.com screenshot (27).png

2. This is dns manager for mypalio.com screenshot (26).png

3. This is screenshot from my vps server

screenshot (25).png

server sent me a nameserver in welcoming email but it is just:
ns1 (45.5.56) and ns2 (45.5.6)

@wastedolphine
@khero
@thambyz @funguy @KaoVN

2nd one - dns records for mypalio.com are absolutely fine, these are enough for your website to work, just do the same for first domain and remove any existing records.

For Setting SSL Hostname in CyberPanel:
- Create following DNS record with a subdomain
hostname: cyberpanel.mypalio.com
Type: A
IP:185.244.39.88

hostname: www.cyberpanel.mypalio.com
Type: A
IP:185.244.39.88

- Now when this is done head over to cyberpanel and go to websites and add cyberpanel.youdomain.com as website
after that head over to SSL menu and select hostname SSL now in that page select your cyberpanel subdomain.
Once this is done you will be able to access cyberpanel via https://cyberpanel.yourdomain.com:8090 and with ssl.

dm me i can help you on team viewer to also install free and easy to use panel and i van also let u knw how to connect vps or dedicated servers with domain..

Just set the nameservers of your domain to default of what your domain provider offers then go to the DNS Manager option from your domain provider panel and add A record of domain pointing to your server IP and another name record for www.
That's it, it will point your domain to cyberpanel and from that you will be able to install SSL and all.

You can point many domains to the same VPS and use the domains you want. Just need to configure.

Well a VPS for blogging or anything. I recommend you follow or doing what you love to do, like writing news about something, guides. I don't know.

You may use it as you like and for the purposes you may want to do. Many things can be done.
You can also doing a Udemy course for Linux administration and installation to help you increase your knowledge about managing servers. ;)

Best Regards,
Alexhost

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock