• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

I have questions about my Wordpress project

ziven

Jul 15, 2019
Hello, I have some questions on my Wordpress site project and I need your help. I would like to hear your ideas and suggestions as well as my questions.

1) What kind of way should be followed to increase the opening speed, loading speed and pagespeed values on the Wordpress site in general? What plugins, codes or settings should be done.

2) How should the hosting selection be in order for the Wordpress site to work fast? Should I buy "Wordpress Hosting" or buy "VDS"? What should be the system specifications of the hosting?

3) As the Control Panel, should Cpanel be preferred or Plesk Panel so that the site can work quickly?

4) Which cache/acceleration plugin should I use in Wordpress?

5) Are Cpanel-side acceleration processes inconvenient? There are people who do Cpanel-sided site acceleration. Will accelerating operations from Cpanel cause a problem in the future (when there is a wordpress update, new content sharing or a large visitor entry)?

6) How many pixels should the pixel dimensions of the "featured image" in the articles be?

7) How should I optimize the featured image photo and the photos within the subject that I will add to the articles?

8) What tools or methods should I use to quickly index the content on my site?

10) Which plugin should I use as an SEO plugin?

11) What security measures should I take on my site?

12) Which social media platforms should I use in order for the content on my site to receive interaction?

1. Too many speed-related factors (Servers, themes, installed plugins, cloudflare configuration)
2. For non-experts, I recommend choosing hosting, there are many good hosting providers with high speed like SiteGround.
Hosting is more supportive with possible problems with your Web site.
VPS is a good choice and the price is not too different from hosting and always has more optimal speed than hosting, but problems occur you have to handle them yourself. I recommend vultr
3. Cpanel, Plesk Panel are both good but you have to pay if you want to use them on VPS. With hosting you always have Cpanel to use. If recommended I choose aaPanel and CyberPanel, free and good to use
4. Select the Cache Plugin: Swift Performance, LiteSpeed Cache, WP Rocket, WP Fastest Cache, W3 Total Cache
5. I don't know because I no longer use cpanel for my Web site. I think the optimal setup on the server is normal.
6. WordPress 4.4 onwards they have solved that with the technique of apdative image. An image compression dark plugin is required.
7. 6
8. With a Web site with high trust, indexing is quite fast.
9. Rank math is the best at the moment. Better than yoast seo in terms of speed.
10. Complex password.
If you use shared hosting, it is very important to choose a reputable and quality shared hosting provider.
If you are a vps administrator or a private server administrator, learn about security from security experts.
Recommend some so-called well-known and popular security plugins
Sucuri Security
iThemes Security
Wordfence
So many method...
But nothing is absolute. The trump card method is to back up Web site data weekly.
11. No suggestions

Reactions: ziven
2. If money is a factor consider a free 2xVPS 8 Core 48GB RAM 400Gb setup using Oracle OCI free tier (cross tenancy peering). Ideally same availability zone.

WordPress 4 Core 24GB 200Gb
MySql 4 Core 24GB 200Gb

3. If you're familiar with command line you can use Webinoly or Wordops to get a custom LEMP stack relatively easy.

11. Apart from all above, backup, backup and backup. Daily/weekly/monthly, files + database. Transfer to offline/remote locations + proper test restore every now and then. Updraft works quite well. It'll save you time in case of any disasters. You don't know what a corrupt backup can do to your mental health. Get a test environment to test any changes prior releasing to production.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziven
you have quite a number of good ideas above.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock