• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Wordpress permalinks + Nginx

ShareHentai

May 22, 2020
wordpress permalinks + Nginx

Good morning everyone, I'm in a dilemma, I migrated my WordPress to Nginx but I don't have permanent links and I've looked at many tutorials, all of which are outdated and I don't know what to put to have permanent links.

Could some administrator give me some clues, I know that the files are in

sites-available\
site1.org.conf
site2.org.conf

sites-enabled\
site1.org.conf
site2.org.conf

code of file default
NGINX:
##
# You should look at the following URL's in order to grasp a solid understanding
# of Nginx configuration files in order to fully unleash the power of Nginx.
# https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/start/
# https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/start/topics/tutorials/config_pitfalls/
# https://wiki.debian.org/Nginx/DirectoryStructure
#
# In most cases, administrators will remove this file from sites-enabled/ and
# leave it as reference inside of sites-available where it will continue to be
# updated by the nginx packaging team.
#
# This file will automatically load configuration files provided by other
# applications, such as Drupal or Wordpress. These applications will be made
# available underneath a path with that package name, such as /drupal8.
#
# Please see /usr/share/doc/nginx-doc/examples/ for more detailed examples.
##

# Default server configuration
#
server {
    listen 80 default_server;
    listen [::]:80 default_server;

# SSL configuration
    #
    # listen 443 ssl default_server;
    # listen [::]:443 ssl default_server;
    #
    # Note: You should disable gzip for SSL traffic.
    # See: https://bugs.debian.org/773332
    #
    # Read up on ssl_ciphers to ensure a secure configuration.
    # See: https://bugs.debian.org/765782
    #
    # Self signed certs generated by the ssl-cert package
    # Don't use them in a production server!
    #
    # include snippets/snakeoil.conf;

root /var/www/html;

# Add index.php to the list if you are using PHP
    index index.html index.htm index.nginx-debian.html;

server_name _;

location / {
        # First attempt to serve request as file, then
        # as directory, then fall back to displaying a 404.
        try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
    }

# pass PHP scripts to FastCGI server
    #
    #location ~ \.php$ {
    #    include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
    #
    #    # With php-fpm (or other unix sockets):
    #    fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock;
    #    # With php-cgi (or other tcp sockets):
    #    fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
    #}

# deny access to .htaccess files, if Apache's document root
    # concurs with nginx's one
    #
    #location ~ /\.ht {
    #    deny all;
    #}
}

# Virtual Host configuration for example.com
#
# You can move that to a different file under sites-available/ and symlink that
# to sites-enabled/ to enable it.
#
#server {
#    listen 80;
#    listen [::]:80;
#
#    server_name example.com;
#
#    root /var/www/example.com;
#    index index.html;
#
#    location / {
#        try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
#    }
#}

Anything else I need to change in this file that looks like this

I'm using a Wordpress hosting with nginx module but the redirections are made by the .htaccess

Reactions: deodoer
I'm using a Wordpress hosting with nginx module but the redirections are made by the .htaccess
Could you give me more information about the .htaccess file, it is the same before the migration from what I read, nginx does not use .htaccess
Is that why I'm confused?

Could you give me more information about the .htaccess file, it is the same before the migration from what I read, nginx does not use .htaccess
Is that why I'm confused?
NGINX does not provide native htaccess support. However, that doesn't mean it isn't possible at all.

This guide shows you the equivalent .htaccess rewrite rules to get WordPress working properly with permalinks on the Nginx web server.

Excuse me sir danyb0ss , I have searched all this on Google and without results. You are an expert in NGINX configuration or I contract your pre-configured service.

It's just that to search on Google and read what I did previously, I've tried many configurations and I'm not making any progress, I don't know what I'm missing.

I don't know if you are an expert, could you clarify it for me, before completely destroying my server configuration?

I'm not trying to disrespect you, but when I ask people, they don't even understand, and they just try to act smart. Thank you for reading my message, if you have no idea, I don't think you should respond to these types of messages.

I'm using Ionos Wordpress Hosting, they're having their own experts and technicians, you can try their services already configured with nginx for a better performance,

Cheers

There you have it, you don't know anything, you are a user, stop pretending to know, I destroyed my opportunity for someone serious to help me, learn a little more about the NGINX configuration, why do you answer messages to fill your ego and the number of blog posts in a malicious manner.

In conclusion, you are a fraud who has no idea.
What a bad day you're making me go through.

• Angry
Reactions: danyb0ss
There you have it, you don't know anything, you are a user, stop pretending to know, I destroyed my opportunity for someone serious to help me, learn a little more about the NGINX configuration, why do you answer messages to fill your ego and the number of blog posts in a malicious manner.

In conclusion, you are a fraud who has no idea.
What a bad day you're making me go through.
Don't try to be rude, any help it's welcomed in that kind of situations and with your behavior, nobody will want to help you, I just told you that

"I'm using a Wordpress hosting with nginx module but the redirections are made by the .htaccess"

I didn't pretented at any time to appear smart, intelligent or I told you that I have knowledge, stop this attitude this is a forum where people help each other, not insulting, disrespecting and having a bad attitude,

Be grateful, by replying to your post members like @BonJoe saw the post and maybe they have a better solution,

Learn about respect when you're surfing into a community forum such as babiato.

In 6 hours I go to explain in detail, how to solve it. to be able to help people who want to migrate to NGINX and have the same problem.

Thank you

Reactions: danyb0ss
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock