• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Vps Hosting

Eneme

Jan 21, 2020
Nigeria
bit.ly
I want to move from Contabo.....they over sell their VPs. My 8 CPU of 30G still having over load.... Any suggestions

The Oracle is a good alternative, yes.
If not, you may want to look at Hetzner maybe.
Although I'm using Contabo as well, and for my purposes it works pretty well.....

What do you mean by overload?

A bad configuration on a high-spec VPS is still a bad configuration.
A bad and slow driver in a fast car is still a bad and slow driver.

Just curious about your metrics for "over sell their VPs".

Anyway, if you just want to move instead of trying to figure it out what's wrong, Hetzner is a good option generally speaking, as someone already mentioned.

What do you mean by overload?

A bad configuration on a high-spec VPS is still a bad configuration.
A bad and slow driver in a fast car is still a bad and slow driver.

Just curious about your metrics for "over sell their VPs".

Anyway, if you just want to move instead of trying to figure it out what's wrong, Hetzner is a good option generally speaking, as someone already mentioned.
I totally agree. I think the thread starter has a bad configuration....
Using the small one from Contabo, and I'm running like 30 sites without any problems on it....

Reactions: SySEnG
Try netcup. I have good experience with them. Problem is they are very strict on DMCA and other complaints.

Try netcup. I have good experience with them. Problem is they are very strict on DMCA and other complaints.

Netcup doesn't ignore DMCA, either you can be suspended at any time. You can check our VPS Plans if you want offshore vps.

I can't post links due to rules of forum, which Alexhost respects.

But isn't hard to find who we are. If you pay attention

Best Regards,
Alexhost

I want to move from Contabo.....they over sell their VPs. My 8 CPU of 30G still having over load.... Any suggestions
Hmmm, sometimes is not the VPS fault, sometimes is your configuration. Which web server are you using? Do you are using any Cache + Redis / Varnish ?

Probably is your configuration, are you using Apache? Sometimes needs to be optimized from server side, is not enough to buy a vps and run, is also important to make some configurations like compression of images, using good web server with tunning.

Rate Limiting through Nginx, basic DDoS Protection with web server. CDN?

Many things you can do. Perhaps you use a tons of plugins, we had clients with useless plugins which makes VPS slows, and after that they say the fault is from us. Which is not.

Disable Plugins, Disable Heavy themes until you discover what is going on, run some commands and understand where is the CPU Usage and why.

To manage a VPS, is expected (from you) to have some knowledge and know-how.
I recommend you use Nginx or OpenLiteSpeed as web server.

If you are interested we have Cheap Offshore VPS, but keep in mind always require a good optimization ;)

Best Regards,
Alexhost

Interesting, thanks a lot for that hint.
I'll give it a try. Although I don't have any experience with the aapanel. But it's all the time nice to try out new stuff 😉

Interesting, thanks a lot for that hint.
I'll give it a try. Although I don't have any experience with the aapanel. But it's all the time nice to try out new stuff 😉
You can try keyhelp control panel very easy to use and install.
Not fastest like aapanel in terms of web server, but works for starting ;)

Reactions: Binary Bandit
I might have come to the party late, but I have Oracle Free Tier with Hestia Control Panel installed. I use it for personal projects.
However, the SMTP on that free tier is bad. I don't know if it is the issue with HCP or Oracle itself. I welcome any suggestions.

I might have come to the party late, but I have Oracle Free Tier with Hestia Control Panel installed. I use it for personal projects.
However, the SMTP on that free tier is bad. I don't know if it is the issue with HCP or Oracle itself. I welcome any suggestions.
Hi there,

sounds interesting. I haven't tried yet the Oracle free tier yet. But I think I'll give it a try.
Can you really use it as SMTP server? Interesting, I have thought that on platforms like this they're blocking the Port 25. But not really sure about it 😁

Hi there,

sounds interesting. I haven't tried yet the Oracle free tier yet. But I think I'll give it a try.
Can you really use it as SMTP server? Interesting, I have thought that on platforms like this they're blocking the Port 25. But not really sure about it 😁

Hello,

We have port 25 opened by default in our VPS in Moldova location :)

Best Regards,
Alexhost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dailyfans
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock