• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Transfer theme to Woocommerce live site

xlx

Dec 13, 2018
Hello,

I needed some help regarding how to go ahead with the following situation.
  1. I have a live WordPress + woocommerce website using wpbakery
  2. I have created a new site using the backup of the Live site and used an elementor theme now, and all is set. All pages were reworked using elementor
  3. Now I want to push the new Theme on the new site, as the backup of the live site is around a month old and there have been orders that have been placed and are in process.
How do I go about updating the theme and pages without affecting the woocommerce section of the site, should i zip the theme folder and then upload it on the live site. But then will the customizations be there, and the pages manually?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks for helping.

If you do it that way, it won't work. You need to copy the posts table to get the new pages; the problem is that the orders are also on that table. Woocommerce has a new HPOS system, which means all orders will be in a separate table. But you probably don't have that yet. You could enable it, but most plugins aren't compatible yet.

My advice is to backup everything first and then follow this tutorial with much attention: https://wp-staging.com/docs/skip-woocommerce-orders-and-products/

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: xlx
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock