• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Shoptimizer vs Woodmart

Best Woocommerce theme

• Shoptimizer

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Woodmart

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters

vinu

Jan 11, 2021
Hi,

If you have worked with building ecommerce websites using these wordpress theme Shoptimizer, Woodmart

Which theme is good for building ecommerce website ?

Shoptimizer make a promise good "solution" for ecommerce but unfortunatelly it's using elementor :(
I never tried shoptimizer before but I think the "fastest theme" feature they highlighted is a bit tricky. As I understand their documentation page you need "good" hosting environment for "best" result and they used "Nginx" for demo.
Secondly you need an extra optimization with wp rocket too even they providing "minify" option. (https://www.commercegurus.com/docs/speed/wp-rocket/) and they sort "speed tips" https://www.commercegurus.com/docs/shoptimizer-theme/speed-tips/ which is not logical.

Woodmart is not best but I'm using on my client's website "safely" . I can exclude unused CSS/JS on theme option which is good feature and you dont need any extra plugin. They have provide good demo options and it's providing a guide for you.
I dont know shoptimizer but woodmart compatible with WPML and Multi Currency so you can make an international website without hassle.

But most important is what you need and what you expecting the theme?

Nice write up @guguk

What's you theme suggestion for an woocommerce site that looks great in terms of user experience for local website

Nice write up @guguk

What's you theme suggestion for an woocommerce site that looks great in terms of user experience for local website
If you can make I strongly suggest make a scratch via Bricks builder.
Woodmart is best option If you can not make or you dont have any time for it

Reactions: vinu
I don't think they can be compared.

Woodmart offers more flexibility in customizing while Shoptimizer requires some CSS and PHP modifications from your expertise. Even checking their docs, you'll see that they have series of code snippets you can use to further enhance the theme. With Woodmart, you don't need to do this.

Regarding speed, Due to the amount of features Woodmart has, it's slower but with plugins like Nitropack, forget about speed. Shoptimizer is fast on its own without using expensive plugins like Nitropack.

Shoptimizer has features too, but it misses the sticky footer navigation menu bar on mobile. If they can have this feature, I'd say shoptimizer is better.

But as it is, I believe it's a tie. None is better than the other, it just depends on what you require.

Reactions: guguk and vinu
Speed is confusing everyone, I guess :)
Let me compare speed two themes:
1- Shoptimizer:
- It's using Elementor which is most bloated builder
- It has "minify" option and you need also another plugin for minifying probably you need also use another plugin for excluding "unused css/js"
- It's using additionally Kirki framwork for customize and I know it's a headache.
- You need get very good hosting or server for best result.
- You will install approx 15-20 plugins totally and it's hard to maintenance.

2- Woodmart:
- It's providing two builder you can choose, and I'm preffering WPB which newest version less bloated
- It has an unique feature which you can exclude unused css/js
- You dont need an extra plugin for improving user-experience (you may use checkout plugin for making more tiddy default checkout)
- There have also "Performance" menu in options and you can use it without use any plugin.
- You will install approx 5 plugins totally and it's easy to maintenance.

Elementor which is most bloated builder
Elementor is bloated because of the many people it's trying to satisfy. When they started, it wasn't bloated until they kept adding and adding and adding features.

Nevertheless, I have Elementor on sites that load under 2s. Smashing the Core Web Vitals on a steady.

But can you show me a page builder that has all the features Elementor has and is not bloated? I will wait.

Elementor is bloated because of the many people it's trying to satisfy. When they started, it wasn't bloated until they kept adding and adding and adding features.

Nevertheless, I have Elementor on sites that load under 2s. Smashing the Core Web Vitals on a steady.

But can you show me a page builder that has all the features Elementor has and is not bloated? I will wait.
I understand what you pointing but it's not about only adding extra CSS/JS. It's about "DOM size".
(Please reffer your website: https://pagespeed.web.dev/analysis/...ealthy-snacking/t0yij15ybn?form_factor=mobile )
It seem "fast" but actually it's not, the page wasting a lot of time to loading DOM. This is almost all drag-drop builder's fate but elementor is winner for this area.

Please check this also, you dont need to use 9 child elements to make "You Might Also Like" :)
child-elements-elemenor.jpg

As I said before "Bricks" will be winner by far but you need have a time but I think it's worth to make good one.

Anyway, I just shared my opinion and most important that what is the expect of the theme, so you can test it both however.

Shoptimizer make a promise good "solution" for ecommerce but unfortunatelly it's using elementor :(
I never tried shoptimizer before but I think the "fastest theme" feature they highlighted is a bit tricky. As I understand their documentation page you need "good" hosting environment for "best" result and they used "Nginx" for demo.
Secondly you need an extra optimization with wp rocket too even they providing "minify" option. (https://www.commercegurus.com/docs/speed/wp-rocket/) and they sort "speed tips" https://www.commercegurus.com/docs/shoptimizer-theme/speed-tips/ which is not logical.

Woodmart is not best but I'm using on my client's website "safely" . I can exclude unused CSS/JS on theme option which is good feature and you dont need any extra plugin. They have provide good demo options and it's providing a guide for you.
I dont know shoptimizer but woodmart compatible with WPML and Multi Currency so you can make an international website without hassle.

But most important is what you need and what you expecting the theme?

No, I have on 21 sites Shoptimizer and without Elementor... Gutenberg Disabled. You don´t need Elementor when use only Woocommerce. TOP 3 fastest theme (i use LiteSpeed servers and LiteSpeed cache plugin). But not pretty.
Woodmart have on 7 sites, not much very good, but is pretty.

Shoptimizer for speed (Google SEO), pretty Woodmart for users <3

Reactions: Ivone and vinu
Woodmart: |11111111111111.jpg|
Shoptimizer: |2222222222222.jpg|

Attachments

• 1111111111111111111.jpg
    1111111111111111111.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 60
  • 222222222222.jpg
    222222222222.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 60
It all depends on servers, resoruces, you need to get as faster it can be, Woodmart Optimization thing is brilliant, whatever you need you can turn it on rest you can turn down, but if WoodMart goes with gutenberg it will be so good, which I am sure they will not, elementor somehow is good but global styling is not available that is bad.

Reactions: vinu
No, I have on 21 sites Shoptimizer and without Elementor... Gutenberg Disabled. You don´t need Elementor when use only Woocommerce. TOP 3 fastest theme (i use LiteSpeed servers and LiteSpeed cache plugin). But not pretty.

What hosting you choose ?

I've used Woodmart and Flatsome, two of the top three eCommerce themes available, and I can confidently say that Woodmart is hard to beat in terms of features and flexibility. It offers everything I was looking for, and it's presented in a way that doesn't feel like a hackish implementation that will bloat my website.

Woodmart can be used with or without Elementor. I chose to use it with the free version of Elementor, despite my initial dislike for the builder, because of its improved container module and flexbox options. Overall, it's a lightweight wrapper (yes, I know that sounds strange for Elementor) that works well with some of Woodmart's well-executed and versatile Elementor modules. It also has a standalone template builder.

The free version of Elementor also offers some global style settings that complement Woodmart's options panel settings, making it easy to achieve consistency across your website.

Woodmart's library templates are highly functionality-oriented, offering just about any scenario possible in terms of components and dynamic content for just about any eCommerce niche. For example, you can create components and parts using Elementor wrappers for positioning and Woodmart custom modules inside them. Then, you can display their shortcodes without any problems or bloat in your Gutenberg editor. Additionally, the product filters and attributes functionalities it offers are very versatile, and the customization options are virtually limitless, with little to no custom code or functionality that needs to be overwritten by other plugins. It simply plays well with what other plugins might bring, such as product bundles.

Flatsome, on the other hand, has the UXBuilder, which feels somewhat primitive and inflexible, requiring a lot of custom CSS to compensate for some very important missing customizations in the builder. Additionally, the DOM from the templates library is too large in any speed test and requires a lot of fine-tuning. Many section/container/column structures are created without thought, with a lot of repeated code that comes as a consequence of the builder's limitations in the GUI styling options.

When it comes to global settings or similar features, Flatsome's features are quite old-fashioned and primitive compared to Woodmart's, making the overall building workflow quite tedious and making it a bit difficult to achieve consistency.

Flatsome's designs, presented functionalities, the way to obtain them or customize them for your content, and overall workflow seem to have stalled a few years ago.

Shoptimizer, upon reviewing their official demo, appears to be nothing more than a commercially aggressive copycat of Woodmart. As a freelance WordPress developer, I find Shoptimizer to be a bit clunky and offer significantly fewer features than Woodmart. It also feels stuck in the past, much like Flatsome. I won't comment on the filters in their demo, which are basic WooCommerce filters and don't come close to what Woodmart has to offer.

I'm not a big Woodmart fanboy, but I think it offers some very clean demos and is currently the best out-of-the-box solution. It provides 100% flexibility and ease of implementation for your own dynamic content, which is the most important thing for a theme in my opinion. It has also stood the test of time, and you can really tell that the developers put a lot of thought into each functionality and the backend versatility it can bring. I doubt that would be the case with Shoptimizer after visiting their website and seeing their demo and main selling points.

Shoptimizer's website claims to offer exceptional SEO and speed, but you can achieve the same results with both Woodmart and Flatsome. I've gotten 95+ speed and SEO scores on each of the two latest websites I built with them.

The Woodmart website I built is a home décor store with over 1500 products in 50+ categories, subcategories, and tens of different filterable product attributes for each product. It works flawlessly, looks great, and is already generating substantial sales. The Flatsome store I built is a small cleaning products store that is somewhat basic and limited in functionality.

Another more in-depth example and argument is that using Woodmart, I was able to build a hierarchical attribute structure for a product where each product had different materials, different subsequent colors and layouts for each of them, all with different images, prices, descriptions, and more. I did this on top of the existing WooCommerce variations functionality by using a small custom plugin to display and connect attribute hierarchies, along with some advanced custom fields. It worked perfectly.

Honestly, I doubt I could have maintained the same easy workflow and timeframe to achieve the same results with Flatsome or Shoptimizer without my brain imploding.

For a fast, out-of-the-box solution with ease of implementation and customization flexibility, I would go with Woodmart above any other solution atm. Sure, you can obtain overall better stores with more complex functionality and better UI/UX when developing a custom solution using Bricks or some other builder, but those take way more time & technical skills, which translate in money. So you have to know exactly what you want, be determined and very dedicated if you want to pick one with those (Bricks, Oxygen, etc) . 😉

These are my opinions, hope they can help. Cheers

Last edited:

Please note that this opinion/trend past away. I was thought like you about 5 years ago but it's changed.
You should care about "USER EXPERIENCE" not speed nor design. You should care all details about "user experience" including speed, design, usability especially on mobile. If you can make design from scratch without Elementor or another builder then I strongly recommended to use Livecanvas you dont need any ready-made template.

Tell me, please, how do you create content on pages if you don't use either Elementor or Gutenberg?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock