• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Question about bricks builder and child theme

BoomDoom

Dec 14, 2023
Hello,
I wanted to ask about Bricks builder and child theme. Previously I made website with Oxygen, but I didnt use child theme, so I don't have much knowledge about child themes.
I found bricks builder's child theme here https://babia.to/threads/bricks-builder-build-wordpress-sites-that-rank.42074/page-42#post-1262756
It was shared when Bricks version was 1.8.4 , now Bricks is 1.9.4. Is that child theme still suitable for Bricks 1.9.4 ?
I found a wordpress plugin which creates a child theme, but I dont want to use a plugin if it's not necessary.
Could you advice which approach should I take, should I use 1.8.4 child theme, or make a new child theme from v1.9.4 with plugin ?

Thank you for the help !

Bricks or another theme does not matter. Child themes "usually" does not change while theme updates.
So why we are using "child theme" because it's protect to us against changing files when theme updated.
Child theme works as main theme, for example, if you would like to change footer structure then you just need copy footer.php in main theme file and paste in child theme root folder and change what you want. Or if you want to add code snippets in functions.php then you can use functions.php file in "child theme" folder.
I hope that clear, now?

Hello,
I wanted to ask about Bricks builder and child theme. Previously I made website with Oxygen, but I didnt use child theme, so I don't have much knowledge about child themes.
I found bricks builder's child theme here https://babia.to/threads/bricks-builder-build-wordpress-sites-that-rank.42074/page-42#post-1262756
It was shared when Bricks version was 1.8.4 , now Bricks is 1.9.4. Is that child theme still suitable for Bricks 1.9.4 ?
I found a wordpress plugin which creates a child theme, but I dont want to use a plugin if it's not necessary.
Could you advice which approach should I take, should I use 1.8.4 child theme, or make a new child theme from v1.9.4 with plugin ?

Thank you for the help !

This is the latest version I just downloaded, you can use it.
View hidden content is available for registered users!

Bricks or another theme does not matter. Child themes "usually" does not change while theme updates.
So why we are using "child theme" because it's protect to us against changing files when theme updated.
Child theme works as main theme, for example, if you would like to change footer structure then you just need copy footer.php in main theme file and paste in child theme root folder and change what you want. Or if you want to add code snippets in functions.php then you can use functions.php file in "child theme" folder.
I hope that clear, now?
Thank you very much!
I read your post and done little bit of reading about child themes. I understand the purpose of it , but Still Im not 100% at understanding how it works. Previously I thought of child theme, like it references to or inherits (dont know which one is correct definition of that behaviour) from parent theme. But I thought that child theme somehow gets "updated" too, because for example, if parent theme gets some new feature, child theme gets "updated" too, to know that there is new feature and to reference/inherit that feature. Like: "hey child theme there is new features, so reference them"
But I guess child theme is more like a "blank" theme, which inherits everything from parent theme. And when the new feature is added on updated parent theme, child theme knows that feature, because it just "copying" all the code from parent theme. Well , copying is not the right word for this at all, but I used it for the sake of siplicity.
This is the latest version I just downloaded, you can use it.
*** Hidden text: cannot be quoted. ***
Thank you!!!
I'm new user here. It's safe to use :) ?
Im not an expert to check files, thats why I came to babiato. It's easy to scan the files with virustotal, but it's not that easy to inspect the code for encoded strings and etc. I trust this site and I only downloaded only verified plugins.

Thank you very much!
I read your post and done little bit of reading about child themes. I understand the purpose of it , but Still Im not 100% at understanding how it works. Previously I thought of child theme, like it references to or inherits (dont know which one is correct definition of that behaviour) from parent theme. But I thought that child theme somehow gets "updated" too, because for example, if parent theme gets some new feature, child theme gets "updated" too, to know that there is new feature and to reference/inherit that feature. Like: "hey child theme there is new features, so reference them"
But I guess child theme is more like a "blank" theme, which inherits everything from parent theme. And when the new feature is added on updated parent theme, child theme knows that feature, because it just "copying" all the code from parent theme. Well , copying is not the right word for this at all, but I used it for the sake of siplicity.

Thank you!!!
I'm new user here. It's safe to use :) ?
Im not an expert to check files, thats why I came to babiato. It's easy to scan the files with virustotal, but it's not that easy to inspect the code for encoded strings and etc. I trust this site and I only downloaded only verified plugins.
Child themes are created to keep personal customization codes from being interfered with when upgrading the theme. If you don't customize or use code in the visual design interface, you can ignore it.

Reactions: BoomDoom
Child themes are created to keep personal customization codes from being interfered with when upgrading the theme. If you don't customize or use code in the visual design interface, you can ignore it.
Thank you!
Now I understand the purpose of child theme, and I will use it. I'm not planning to customize my code at the moment, but. maybe I will need to do that in the future. I guess its better practice to use child theme

Thank you!
Now I understand the purpose of child theme, and I will use it. I'm not planning to customize my code at the moment, but. maybe I will need to do that in the future. I guess its better practice to use child theme
If you keep to use Bricks I dont think that you need a child theme because it's already create very extended options for customizing.

If you keep to use Bricks I dont think that you need a child theme because it's already create very extended options for customizing.
I think I will. But having child theme won't hurt the website/site speed ? If there are no downsides I think I will keep the child theme :)

Look out for Fluent Snippet plugin. It's free. You don't have to worry about child theme if you learn using Fluent Snippet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock