• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Need help with WooCoomerce Shipping Cities

zara

Trusted Uploader
Mar 31, 2019
Hi there,

Hope you doing well, :D

I'm here looking for help and suggestion to solve WooCommerce Solution for delivery cities. I want to show a dropdown which will be replaced zip codes into a city name which admin can define from the backend (this will help the customers who have no idea about zipping/postal codes), According to the city, the customer has to pay the different shipping cost.

I have tried so many plugins, but nothing gave me the results which I expected here. Anybody know a solution please share a word with me! :)

Thank you.

Check this out... https://flexibleshipping.com/products/flexible-shipping-locations-woocommerce/

If your end goal is to show a variable shipping rate, then it can be achieved but if its total rate according to zip/area code... It cannot be achieved even in case an user logins and has defined his/her location/zip as he/she can always create another account and select another zip/location to find rates & when he/she will find a mismatch for a identical product he/she will be embarrassed & abandon buying it from you.

The best solution I can think of is, change the zip-code field into cities instead, and then create a shipping class for each of these cities. This is the easiest way to manage this.

Else you'll be going into a custom coding frenzy. Using a checkout field editor you can at least change the zip-code to drop down, but then you'll have to manually define how much each of the items would affect the shipping.

That's why I suggest the first method

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock