• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Is DA5 expired domain worth it?

parthjuneja

Banned User
Oct 19, 2020
Pluto
I Found a DA5 expired domain with 5-7 do-follow backlinks from very high authority websites (thequint, livemint) . I checked those articles on those high authority websites and they still have the link of the expired domain. Those articles are written in 2016. How easy it will be rank that site if I make an affiliate website in the same niche? Should I buy that domain? Thanks for helping out.

Reactions: jaanu
I Found a DA5 expired domain with 5-7 do-follow backlinks from very high authority websites (thequint, livemint) . I checked those articles on those high authority websites and they still have the link of the expired domain. Those articles are written in 2016. How easy it will be rank that site if I make an affiliate website in the same niche? Should I buy that domain? Thanks for helping out.
If you go with same niche/keywords and you can handle to maintenance i think it good deal.

If you go with same niche/keywords and you can handle to maintenance i think it good deal.
One question, is it 100% legit to rebuild the website? The website is made by a UK organisation for a particular project so if i rebuild that website will they sue me? that is my concern if they have copyrighted the content the website had. If anyone know these answers please help. thanks.

One question, is it 100% legit to rebuild the website? The website is made by a UK organisation for a particular project so if i rebuild that website will they sue me? that is my concern if they have copyrighted the content the website had. If anyone know these answers please help. thanks.
If I were you I would probably do the same thing (rebuild the site) for the purpose of making sure the relevancy getting the pages indexed with the necessary backlink profile similar to the previous version of the site. But later on you must rebrand and change the content by the day goes by.

If the previous owner did not renew the domain, it's a high chance they do not really care about it anymore. Just have a contact form and be responsive with any incoming message and you'll fine. Any complain, just delete the content of the pages and redirect 301 the url to the newer version (that use your own content).

You'll need to change the content eventually someday. Basically try to catch all the link juice coming to the old urls, redirect them to the new ones (or changing the content of the pages entirely after sometime.

Reactions: parthjuneja
You'll need to change the content eventually someday. Basically try to catch all the link juice coming to the old urls, redirect them to the new ones (or changing the content of the pages entirely after sometime.
Thanks for helping! I got the domain and ready for the hustle. One think i wanna tell is that i have zero knowledge and interest about the content of previous owner. Old website is based on traditional medicine techniques (before christ) but the domain has keyword medicine so I thought i can use it for affiliate medicine products. As per your suggestions i will start with copying the content from waybackmachine. But the problem is that type of content would not let me use affiliate products much.

Will i get the link juice even if i post different content (like medicine for diabetes ) instead of old content?

Or i should procced first with copying and later change it with what i want

Thanks for helping! I got the domain and ready for the hustle. One think i wanna tell is that i have zero knowledge and interest about the content of previous owner. Old website is based on traditional medicine techniques (before christ) but the domain has keyword medicine so I thought i can use it for affiliate medicine products. As per your suggestions i will start with copying the content from waybackmachine. But the problem is that type of content would not let me use affiliate products much.

Will i get the link juice even if i post different content (like medicine for diabetes ) instead of old content?

Or i should procced first with copying and later change it with what i want
Rebuild the same content with the same url structure will be good (or redirect http to the https and other possibilities depend on what the nice backlinks currently pointing to), while adding more articles once you've got new ones ready.

I believe, it's good keep the old ones for a while, later on, just alter the content of the old pages (where the backlinks go (instead of deleting the pages) so the urls will still be the same (otherwise, when you have new articles written, redirect the backlinks to the new pages)

New pages will get the benefit from the main domain, plus if you redirect the old urls (that got the backlinks point to) to the new ones.

Of course, adjust the affiliate products with the new content, not the old ones.

Most of the good backlinks are pointing to the homepage with anchor text "website title" so that is favourable to me. What i think is putting a medicine deal page as the homepage and i will be able to rank within a month or so. And i will use the content from the old website in Inner pages. Also Will make blank pages of the old Url backlinks to redirect to new pages. What you say about this

Thanks a lot, man! will make a separate thread tagging you after I start earning from this project.

Reactions: underwater
Most of the good backlinks are pointing to the homepage with anchor text "website title" so that is favourable to me. What i think is putting a medicine deal page as the homepage and i will be able to rank within a month or so. And i will use the content from the old website in Inner pages. Also Will make blank pages of the old Url backlinks to redirect to new pages. What you say about this

Thanks a lot, man! will make a separate thread tagging you after I start earning from this project.

I personally think you don't need to make a blank page (avoid doing so). Once you've made a new page, write a redirect rule (old url to the new url) using Yoast Seo (premium, already shared here in this forum)

Gotta check archive.org and other stuff prior to building on it. Who knows what issues this domain had - just to make sure you are not building on a former spammer page or any other issues website.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock