• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Important - Scheduled maintenance and new Resource Download limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome thanks for the heads-up, I appreciate the hard work :p
I have been a "New Member" for 3 years now XD

I like this restriction on downloading, as a regular human who just want plugins and themes for themeselves. 15 downloads are more than enough, Also it is going to be very benificial if there is a monetization method for this glorious forum beside the donation.

and also provide features and beneficial back to the premium users.

Regards.

Hi,

This new limit of 15 downloads per day seems good to me to prevent leechers and GPL websites, as you said... But I think it could be improved and do something similar to the tool that @TKS published a while ago (https://babia.to/threads/stop-tool-download-for-envato-elements.39978/), and set the download limit based on how old an account is, or also based on their reactions or resources.

As example/suggestion let's say "New user" or less than 30 days old account 5 downloads per day... Users with 50+ posts, 10 downloads per day... Users with 100 posts 15 downloads per day... 50 or 100 reaction score, 20 downloads per day... And so on, you got the idea.

To prevent multiple accounts from same ip to bypass the limit, you can create some kind of email alert or notification for moderators when more than 3 accounts from the same ip has reached the daily limit.

Thanks for reading.

Although good in theory some of our leachers have had accounts since 2018/2019!!! :)
I think the limitation can be based on Reaction score, or user banner is Donate, Trusted Uploader... :)

Reactions: andrejmb
By the way, I'm too tired to start a new topic but I had this idea long ago. If you make a thread where every banned member bann is explained, people will be more responsible, and the community will be more transparent. You could call it a "wall of shame" or something.

Done - https://babia.to/banned-users-list/

I have been following the forum actively for over 2 years. It was closed for a while, then I was very sad as if I lost my closest one, then it opened again, I was very happy, but I lost most of my old posts. Due to the workload, I did not have the opportunity to share it again. Now I'm going to drown in posts again, but I will when I get the chance.

The download limit is obviously a good decision. 15 downloads per day is a good limit for a user.

The feature that distinguishes this platform from others is that it is collaborative and sharing.

Regards and love 🤩

What every resource holder should be aware is that as after maintenance you can upload your resources directly on babia.to (if they are under 100Mb size) thus eliminating the need of using third party file sharing services for most of the resources.

Finally wait is over, Babiato is back.
43d7db673633c3c8cb2540b3266114f3.jpg

I partially support and do not support download limits. But I have never and never will take things here and copy them elsewhere, I have so much respect for everyone, yes and I agree that the download limit should be tied to a donation, why not, those who need more will be for donate more like plan it and support the community. But telegram will be competition almost this is real life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock