• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Importance of off site backups

Lakuma

Babiato Lover
May 4, 2022
For those hosting sites, I'm going to state the obvious.

It's absolutely critical to have full off-site backups of your sites!

This can be another VPS or your local workstation, some other storage for your full site backups rather than the actual web site host/server.

Make this a routine, set reminders, or just script it if you can.

Go backup up your site and download it locally now, don't wait! ;)

You can never have too many backups.

While you're at it, take a backup and perform a full restore to make sure it works. What good is a backup if you can't restore it.

Last edited:
Reactions: nobs
Good day
Great advice as many forgets that, especially the newbies.

How many people I've known have lost everything just because they lose a password, a phone, or a laptop... Really a lot.

Personally, I'm a maniac of backups, you can literally steal my laptop and I would have all my ENCRYPTED data since 2005 back in a matter of hours, and this includes all my client's sites, etc...

BACKUP PEOPLE, BACKUP!
Many tools are available for free.

Cheers.
NoBs

How can I have an offsite snapshots backup of AWS lightsail instance?

How can I have an offsite snapshots backup of AWS lightsail instance?
Hi there
Depends on what kind of system/scripts you have there.
Is it WP, is it a specific hosting panel or script installed, is it just data???
The more details, the more we can help.
Cheers.
NoBs.

Also it is important that you take a backup of the current website before doing any updates.

you can ignore the /content/uploads folder in your backup and this will save you a lot of space.

Reactions: Lakuma
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock