• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

`[HELP] Wampserver 3

carmeli

Mar 2, 2019
Hello! Can somebody help me? I've installed Wamp (updated version) and it's going too slow. I've tried everything, and I can't find the problem. It's running under W10 and the previous version was perfect. If anyone knows why it can be I thank you, if not I will return to the previous one.
Thanks¡¡¡¡

A couple of possible things to check if you haven't already; try disabling the Apache cgi_module you could also try disabling PHP Xdebug - add the following to your php.ini to do that

xdebug.remote_autostart=0
xdebug.remote_enable=0
xdebug.profiler_enable=0

I've seen both those cause slow performance.

A couple of possible things to check if you haven't already; try disabling the Apache cgi_module you could also try disabling PHP Xdebug - add the following to your php.ini to do that

xdebug.remote_autostart=0
xdebug.remote_enable=0
xdebug.profiler_enable=0

I've seen both those cause slow performance.
[/CITAR]

Hi, CGI was already disabled, xdbug trying again ... before I put it and nothing. Now I tell you and thank you

EDIT : It's going a little better, I'm still trying.

couple of other things you could try - make sure you are using latest PHP version and also try commenting out the IPv6 localhost entry in your hosts file

like this;
#::1 localhost

Reactions: carmeli
couple of other things you could try - make sure you are using latest PHP version and also try commenting out the IPv6 localhost entry in your hosts file

like this;
#::1 localhost
IPv6 ### in host file. I think there's a problem when it solves localhost, I always use 127.0.0.1 and now it does weird things. Almost better I remove it at all and start from 0. I never had any problems... Thank you very much and I'll tell you!

I mentioned the IPv6 as I've seen that cause issues with the mySQL connection

I've come across issues with localhost resolving before so you could try adding your local IP address and a dummy domain to the hosts file, to avoid the localhost 127.0.0.1 altogether;

I'm sure you know what I mean but here are some screen grabs for reference;

this is the default hosts file

this is the hosts with the IPv6 commented out

and this is the hosts with local IP address and dummy domain

hope that's some help

if none of this solves the issue for you, as you mentioned, you could go back to the previous version or you could try the Bitnami WAMP install or if don't mind moving from WAMP you could try XAMPP

I mentioned the IPv6 as I've seen that cause issues with the mySQL connection

I've come across issues with localhost resolving before so you could try adding your local IP address and a dummy domain to the hosts file, to avoid the localhost 127.0.0.1 altogether;

I'm sure you know what I mean but here are some screen grabs for reference;

this is the default hosts file

this is the hosts with the IPv6 commented out

and this is the hosts with local IP address and dummy domain

hope that's some help
Changed to XAMPP, thank you, i use your instructions in other pc. :):)

Reactions: nakuk
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock