• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Can TypeErrors be ignored?

kingding

Aug 17, 2019
I have two "TypeError $ is not a function" in my console. My website is working perfectly fine though. Should I clean up the TypeError, or does it not really matter if the website is working fine?

I created the TypeError. I am unloading redundant JS files from my Wordpress website, but the main files are calling for the unloaded files.

If there are no symptoms on the frontend or error logs, is it safe to ignore these console errors?

Thanks!

No, if there is an error in console, something is not working as intended. It seems there is a code that tries to use jquery in your system but can't find it or overriden.

No, if there is an error in console, something is not working as intended. It seems there is a code that tries to use jquery in your system but can't find it or overriden.
Thanks for your input, but that's not true.

It depends what this not recognized function is supposed to do. If it's not critical, you can ignore it, but it's never nice to have a website with code errors. You wrote "I created this". Do you mean these errors refer to code you inserted yourself?

Reactions: kingding
It depends what this not recognized function is supposed to do. If it's not critical, you can ignore it, but it's never nice to have a website with code errors. You wrote "I created this". Do you mean these errors refer to code you inserted yourself?
This is helpful, thanks. "If it's not critical, you can ignore it" 👌 I've been unloading useless functions from Wordpress plugins. These are not critical functions, but the master "main.js" file calls upon all of the functions (useful or not). Of course, if there are missing/unloaded javascript files, the main.js will complain that some external functions have been unloaded. Thanks for your input!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock