• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Are these sites legitimate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikeboy

Feb 13, 2019
I have come across some of the sites that provide the same plugin and themes as on ThemeForest or code canyon but at a much cheaper price

How do these sites work?
Are they legitimate?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
WordPress themes and plugins are distributed under a GPL license which means you can distribute them free of charge. Some themes or plugins might work fine, if you are willing to be nagged to input a registration key and update the theme manually when there is an update. Some themes come bundled with a lot of plugins that get installed so these plugins won't get installed also things like demos won't be installed without a key. There are people far more knowledgable than me on this subject who can expand.

Reactions: bikeboy
Their FAQ:

We do not provide license keys and free updates for the products you downloaded.

We are not developers of the provided products, so our technical support capabilities are limited.

We do not change the functionality of products and do not fix developer bugs.

I think its pretty much clear, they sell nulled plugins. Probably stolen from babiato or other source, maybe nulling them themselves but I bet 100 eur they are just stolen.

WordPress themes and plugins are distributed under a GPL license which means you can distribute them free of charge. Some themes or plugins might work fine, if you are willing to be nagged to input a registration key and update the theme manually when there is an update. Some themes come bundled with a lot of plugins that get installed so these plugins won't get installed also things like demos won't be installed without a key. There are people far more knowledgable than me on this subject who can expand.
That would be correct, as wordpress allow to create contect only under GPL licence, however! If the script is being sold on envato, they somehow managed to bypass the law and are aplying their proprietary licence to every script listed. Sooooo, no, you can't really distribute plugins/themes free of charge (although website in question is SELLING them) because it wont compile with envato licence.
Anyway, lets just keep nulling stuff I love free sh** :p

More on this matter:
"This is why it’s called a split license: because different license terms can cover individual components that make up a single item.

The PHP component and integrated HTML are covered by the GPL. The rest of the components created by the author (such as the CSS, images, graphics, design, photos, etc) are covered by the Envato Market license."
Read more HERE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock