• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

WooCommerce orders going missing

KomissarMinsky

Nov 13, 2018
This is a new install of wooCommerce, for a single product system.

It’s low-frequency sales, 4 in the past month however one appeared and sent an ‘order’ email that then disappeared from all systems – the order email also disappeared.
Nothing to be found anywhere in WooCommerce yet the owner has received a payment thru their processor with an order number, which has disappeared as far as I can see or find.
Any idea's on how I can solve this and stop it from happening in the future?

https://privykitty.com/ that's the site.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!~!
Blake

Hmm - could be it, but that doesn't really address the money = money was taken for this disappearing order and is with the owner~

Tks for the idea, though, I did change those from defaults
1667837343743.png

Hmm - could be it, but that doesn't really address the money = money was taken for this disappearing order and is with the owner~

Tks for the idea, though, I did change those from defaults
1667837343743.png
There's another bug. Some untested plugins have some incompatible issues; if they use reorders on the checkout field, it may hide/delete the orders.
It took me over two days to find that stupid reason.

Reactions: KomissarMinsky
hmm.
Don't usef reorders and I don't see it anywhere in checkout fields so I'll assume its not applicable.
the big pain for me is I've not been able to recreate it, so its just damnably annoying - but i still have to make sure i plug as many holes as I can lol to stop it from happening again.

Reactions: DatDudeUpStairs
Do the number of orders showing in WooCommerce match the number of shop_order posts in the database?

e.g.
SQL:
SELECT * FROM wp_posts WHERE post_type = "shop_order" AND post_date > "2022-09-15"

Reactions: KomissarMinsky
yes they do

Not using admincolumns

Perplexing!
And for those who may ask, 512mb ram and 128mb upload/file size.

Reactions: megaelk
It probably is a case of your website & the payment processor losing persistent connection while the payment is being processed (might be a delay, failed first attempt etc) and the processor not being able to transmit the order completion and the order being registering as pending / failed instead of completed (happened to me on a site - but I was able to fix the orders with the order confirmation email).
if your payment processor plugin provides webhook, enable it & update settings accordingly.
the missing orders might be due to your data retention policy of removing data of failed/cancelled orders ... change them to N/A or atleast 3 months to be on the safer side

Reactions: megaelk
@tothetop
Tks for that info; I only changed the retention settings today so would not have applied previously. I'm checking into the webhooks angle, so Tks for that!~

Reactions: tothetop
One more thing that you might do is enable emails for failed & pending orders too..
As a just in case failsafe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock