• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

WHM/cPanel Question

nordie

Trusted Uploader
Jun 21, 2019
this is from a friend of mine

Following situation
- WHM/cPanel server = s1234.myhostingserver.com
- Hosting account user name = '123online'
- Website domain = mywebsite.com

WordPress sends an email with the wp_mail() function using php mail. It is send like this:

- FROM = [email protected]
- SMTP.MAILFROM = [email protected]
- RETURN-PATH = [email protected]
- ENVELOPE-FROM = [email protected]
- X-AUTHUSER = [email protected]

THIS EMAIL ENDS UP IN THE SPAM BECAUSE
- Website sends mail from 's1234.myhostingserver.com' while it should send from 'mywebsite.com'

MAIL-TESTER.COM SAYS
Header_from_different_domains - From and EnvelopeFrom 2nd level mail domains are different
- From [email protected]
- EnvelopeFrom [email protected]

[SPF] s1234.myhostingserver.com does not allow your server 123.456.789.123 to use [email protected]
- You do not have an SPF record, add one of the following to your domain s1234.myhostingserver.com
- I cannot do that because I don't have access to the hosting server settings

We could not find an email server (MX Record) behind your domain name s1234.myhostingserver.com.
- that's correct, the MX record is at mywebsite.com

TO FIX THIS THE HOSTING SERVER SHOULD SEND LIKE THIS
- FROM = [email protected]
- SMTP.MAILFROM = [email protected]
- RETURN-PATH = [email protected]
- ENVELOPE-FROM = [email protected]
- X-AUTHUSER = [email protected]

So I need to know if it is possible in WHM/cPanel to change the sending values
- INTO: [email protected]
- 123online needs to be the user name of a hosting account in WHM
- mywebsite.com needs to be the websites domain name in that account

It works like that on another hosting account I have that uses DirectAdmin.
Is this not possible with cPanel? Or is it a misconfiguration?

TIA

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock