• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Which theme do you think is suitable for personal use?

ueu

Oct 29, 2019
Türkiye
Hello guys,

I am a software developer and digital marketing manager. I had made my own website before, I had created a full custom using salient.

No matter how much people praised it, I didn't like it at all and I deleted it. Now I want to renew my website with a new design without spending too much time on it.

On the homepage, I will tell about myself and what I do and host a blog and contact page. My goal is to write something from time to time and share it on my blog.

What themes would you recommend? Some of my favorite designs are as follows.

I'm also curious about your suggestions and ideas.

i passed this road! Spent a lot of time to create a professional custom develop website, created 3 versions in few years, and in the end, in one week i installed Astra + Elementor, downloaded different templates for each page, and done! Now Have a unique and beautiful website 😄
Don't overthink on it, few years ago a friend , here ,told me, "the point is making money" if your website is just html and loads 3 minutes, but you're making money, you've done your job right

I don't know why startup creatives give themselves headaches over having an animation loaded website, especially when top tech companies making billions have very simple and straightforward but highly converting websites.

The goal of a visitor is to access your content in the most simple way possible, period.

So draw out a layout for what you want them to learn about you and work your way from there.

The simpler your website, the better you convert. If you need animations, make sure it's not too catchy as visitors need space to breath and shouldn't be chocked up with too much of visuals. They'll end up bouncing away without taking any action.

i passed this road! Spent a lot of time to create a professional custom develop website, created 3 versions in few years, and in the end, in one week i installed Astra + Elementor, downloaded different templates for each page, and done! Now Have a unique and beautiful website 😄
Don't overthink on it, few years ago a friend , here ,told me, "the point is making money" if your website is just html and loads 3 minutes, but you're making money, you've done your job right
I agree with you about not thinking too much. I don't want to waste my time either. I will review the Astra again. Thank you brother

Reactions: amir
I don't know why startup creatives give themselves headaches over having an animation loaded website, especially when top tech companies making billions have very simple and straightforward but highly converting websites.

The goal of a visitor is to access your content in the most simple way possible, period.

So draw out a layout for what you want them to learn about you and work your way from there.

The simpler your website, the better you convert. If you need animations, make sure it's not too catchy as visitors need space to breath and shouldn't be chocked up with too much of visuals. They'll end up bouncing away without taking any action.
Absolutely I agree. I don't understand why they prefer animated websites. Animation is not preferable in terms of web performance. Moreover, it is a subject that takes a lot of time and mobile optimization is difficult.

Reactions: Saint Gabriel
Absolutely I agree. I don't understand why they prefer animated websites. Animation is not preferable in terms of web performance. Moreover, it is a subject that takes a lot of time and mobile optimization is difficult.
I noticed most top websites are very easy to navigate and extremely simple. Even YouTube is quite simple, look at Instagram, look at twitter, even Facebook. Then look at MailChimp.com. simple sites.

They have done A/B split testings and known what works, while we would look up a none tested theme on envato, install WordPress and boom, we have a good website, yet no sales and no conversions.

I prefer copying sections from 3 or more top websites and having a simple website with custom fonts, clear images and nice colour palette with all the necessary features in the layout.

I copied a simple one page portfolio website then added my touch to it. I made nice conversions and I'm still making good conversions through LinkedIn with zero marketing. People just visit my profile, see my website, fill the form and boom, I close the deal.

The website I copied from had tested what worked, I just restructured and added my own touch to it.

The website I copied from had tested what worked, I just restructured and added my own touch to it.
Could you please elaborate more details?
  1. When you copied that website means in a source code or you look at the design and copy it?
  2. What the areas did you test and how did you find whether they work or don't?
Thanks for your time answering :)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: ueu
Could you please elaborate more details?
  1. When you copied that website means in a source code or you look at the design and copy it?
  2. What the areas did you test and how did you find whether they work or don't?
Thanks for your time answering :)
what are you talking about my brother. you are in a wrong threat.

Hello guys,

I am a software developer and digital marketing manager. I had made my own website before, I had created a full custom using salient.

No matter how much people praised it, I didn't like it at all and I deleted it. Now I want to renew my website with a new design without spending too much time on it.

On the homepage, I will tell about myself and what I do and host a blog and contact page. My goal is to write something from time to time and share it on my blog.

SOLEDAD

Hello guys,

If you are a "software developer" I agree with others but if you make something different which I did already spent a lot of time before like you or @amir and I think this is not silly or wasting of time.

I agree and dont agree.
When wordpress grow up, type and variety themes increased , a lof of people appeared suddenly as a "web designer" and most of them used silly animations without any logic. So I agree with you about it. I dont agree with you about youtube, facebook etc. These are simple because it should be. These websites does not self-content websites, these are user-based websites and it can be easy as like as for children or stupids.

BUT

If you making someting about "creativity" and wanna making money with it, I think it's very important to provide to others "how your brain capability".

And in this way there have 2 main problem:
1- How customer "view" your website
2- How developer/designer "view" your website.

I think both of them are important. So if you use ready-made template with changing demo images, colors etc. It's just only take you a little way. I'm sure that one day one of your client showing your works and website to another developer/designer (most probably one of your competitors) the competitor can easily beat your propasal "by providing that your website is actually a copy of a ready-made template".

If you want to show me first copy of your work which people were praised we can discuss about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock