• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Website PHP help needed please

TassieNZ

Premium Uploader and Sometimes Hacker!
Staff member
Administrator
Colonel Hogan
Null Master
Trusted Seller
Trusted Uploader
Jan 17, 2019
New Zealand
gpl-elite.store
Hi All,

One of my clients has a WordPress website has was hand designed for them years ago. They want to keep this site. It is pretty small as far as pages go.

Unfortunately it is using PHP version 5.3.29 and will not go higher without white screening.

I therefore need someone who is good with PHP to look at it for me please! :)

They are a charitable trust so I'm doing it all free as it is! Great people and great cause.

TassieNZ :)

Last edited:
It's actually a nice looking site! Just what they need for what they do.

Running WordPress 5.1.1. However, now won't update further! :)

LOL I can upgrade to latest PHP, but get whitescreen. It's the site itself that needs updating. :)

Thanks anyway I guess!

LOL I can upgrade to latest PHP, but get whitescreen. It's the site itself that needs updating. :)

Thanks anyway I guess!

It will be come white for sure if you just upgrade the php settings
I recommend to open a ticket and ask for help, see if they can or not
There is no harm right ?

I can but ask!

I'm wanting to move it to my servers, but can't until that is done. :)

Just transfer them first then ask for help like this

I, recently moved my wp website from hosting
But after settings it up it site becomes white, I found it is due to php version, so I changed it older version still not working

Please, help to upgrade my site to latest php

LOL when I move my client, I AM THE NEW HOST! I asked myself, but was a tad confused! :)

I appreciate you trying to help, but that is not what I need.

Here is what I would do. Clone the site to local. Upgrade php version and enable debug in wp-config.php then start to debug and ask questions from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: TassieNZ
Here is what I would do. Clone the site to local. Upgrade php version and enable debug in wp-config.php and start to debug and ask questions from there.
I was going to do exactly that, but just really short on time at present. Was hoping someone could help, otherwise will do exactly that. :)

I was going to do exactly that, but just really short on time at present. Was hoping someone could help, otherwise will do exactly that. :)
This is the safest way. Giving some random access is a huge risk. We can help you but come with your specific questions instead of offering access to your clients' site. The risk does not justify the reward.

Hmmm! I'm a web designer of 20 years+ now. Also been hosting for 15 years+.

I'm really snowed with work at present. Happy to give logins to someone who is long term here and I trust. Just need this sorted. I help out here enough! :)

Hmmm! I'm a web designer of 20 years+ now. Also been hosting for 15 years+.

I'm really snowed with work at present. Happy to give logins to someone who is long term here and I trust. Just need this sorted. I help out here enough! :)

Fair point. But either way, toying on a solution live is not the best way, especially as a vet, you know that too. That said, if you send me a package/backup of the site in its working state, I will take a crack at it.

Edit: I typically use backup buddy or snapify, but whatever works. Just let me know how you packaged it.

Totally agree. Thanks, appreciate it. I'll package and send tomorrow.

Just for what it's worth, if anyone tried to f*ck me over, they are too young to remember TassieToo from many years ago! I'd hunt and destroy! :)

Totally agree. Thanks, appreciate it. I'll package and send tomorrow.

Just for what it's worth, if anyone tried to f*ck me over, they are too young to remember TassieToo from many years ago! I'd hunt and destroy! :)
Perfect.

And yeah, this is not the place to mess with folks, loads of active hackers lurking about. Happy to look when you're ready. Include the live URL so I can use it for comparison.

• Love
Reactions: TassieNZ
Perfect.

And yeah, this is not the place to mess with folks, loads of active hackers lurking about. Happy to look when you're ready. Include the live URL so I can use it for comparison.
Thanks, will send all tomorrow. Appreciate the help. I'm working on two large sites at present and just short on time.

I offer so much here I was just hoping for help.

Thanks heaps. :)

TassieNZ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock