• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Review:

Alanon

Nov 21, 2018
Hello everyone!

We've recently launched an e-commerce website. We've tweaked, polished, optimized and re-optimized everything until we ran out of ideas what else we could improve.

I'd appreciate it if you could visit the website and share any insight into how it looks, feels, your impressions about the speed, layout or anything else. Is there something about the website that could be improved, that we've missed? Is there something that looks bad or sticks out or looks unprofessional? Any idea will be appreciated!

Thank you all for your time!

Last edited:
Here is my review

1. The text are little big, make them smaller in size
  2. Footer image is way to big, make it smaller
  3. Top menu ... can you change the colour ? (Looks dull to me though,taste may be different )
  4. Signup vide API is slow
  5. Verification is slow (Never got)
  6. http://prntscr.com/o7ylkl
Can you change the layout ?
It looks like forcefully move left side

7. Make a contact page
8. You used social media on top menu and footer any particular reason ?

Reactions: Babak
Thanks for your review! You're absolutely right about the header color, we're working on it! We're also working on restructuring the email function to resolve the problems you've noticed. Thanks for that, it's a really important function and we somehow overlooked the issue!

Regarding some of your other points, I have some questions I hope you can answer.

About the font size and the size of footer images, do you mean in general or just in some specific places? The long sidebar issue that is on your screenshot, can I ask which page did you encounter it on, and on what device? I've looked for it and couldn't reproduce such a layout on my end.

Oh, and the social icons are for sharing (the header ones) and for following our social profiles (footer links). :)

Thank you very much again for your input, it's been very useful! I hope you can find the time to help even more once we've altered some of these issues.

Server is a little slow. You are probably on some cheap shared server. Annoying
On mobile requires double clicking the items to see the product page. Annoying.
That cookie info pops every time I visit. Annoying again.

I hope you take this as a constructive comment.

@Alanon
About the font :-
The size is little to big (14.5) change to 12 or 11m it will look nice

About the footer image:
The image is little bit big, change it too small size also
example: http://prntscr.com/o91dlv

About the sidebar:-
You can see it on all pages
example:
https://bandandbracelets.com/shop/bracelets/stone-bracelets/natural-round-stone-beaded-bracelet/

The gaps are too much
Take the example of amazon or other shopping site, it will be better

@gopo The speed was mostly above average in all our tests, though we tested mainly with locations in USA/Europe, so I'm not sure what happened? We're not using a CDN, so that might be a part of the problem. With regards to the double tap, that's actually by design, so the user has access to the wishlist and quick view. The cookie notice popup is also there by necessity, since the GDPR policy mandates explicit user consent, we don't use any tracking until you click the "Got it" button.

@King007 The theme we use is Woodmart, available on Babiato. It's a very capable and flexible theme, one of the best out there.

@OzatuZana Thank you for responding! I understand what you mean about the fonts and images, I'll look into it! I have modified the shop sidebar layout, it should be better now? I presume you were on a laptop and that's what caused the text to condense. Could you let me know it it has improved?

Thank you all very much for your input, it's really appreciated!

If you use style like Woodmart's main demo it would be nice. Your color/font choices are style really bad.
And also woodmart theme not coded well-optimizate. I had prefer different theme instead of that

Site loads a little slow, but not nothing to slow that would turn me away.

Good luck with the eCommerce business, I failed at it lol. I bought stuff from Ali, and DHGate so that I would be in control over shipping, and barley made my money back. :) Too many people selling the same s*&t to make any money.

But site look good.

@guguk What makes you say that Woodmart is poorly coded? Can you recommend a better coded theme with similar functionality?

@ShelShock Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like it! Would you mind telling me where you've accessed the site from? Multiple synthetic benchmarks with USA/Western European servers usually show excellent loading times, but several people here have also commented on a certain slowness. I'm trying to pinpoint the reason, but so far I haven't been able to, any additional information would be much appreciated.

@guguk What makes you say that Woodmart is poorly coded? Can you recommend a better coded theme with similar functionality?

@ShelShock Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like it! Would you mind telling me where you've accessed the site from? Multiple synthetic benchmarks with USA/Western European servers usually show excellent loading times, but several people here have also commented on a certain slowness. I'm trying to pinpoint the reason, but so far I haven't been able to, any additional information would be much appreciated.

Sorry, I had my VPN on, so when I turned it off the site ran faster.

Well if theme was well-coded you should not use any cache/optimizer plugin, just joke :)
Woodmart is too old theme, they still updates ownself but it is not enough.
They wants to include some premium plugin's features/functionality but that makes the theme poor-coded.

They could not handle that issue as is seen.

Which theme i prefer?

I highly recommend minimal woocommerce theme if you sell bracelets only. You have just 77 products. You dont need multi-purpose ecommerce templates, i think.
I mean i cares about design if i sell bracelets. Homepage design should be minimal and elegant,

good luck with sales :)

Reactions: GARAYEV
@guguk Well, I'm always on the lookout for better themes, but it's a challenge to find a minimal theme that has nice features out of the box and also looks good. Do you have some recommendations I could look into?

@ExPoInT Could I inquire as to the device you were viewing the site on? I'm considering increasing the website's margins, this might help in determining the break-point. With wider margins in place and using slightly smaller fonts, it might mitigate the text size issues some viewers have pointed out. I'm also considering webfonts, the ones currently in use are websafe so there is a lot of traditional typography. I'm not clear about image size, however? Which images did you mean?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock