• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Product animation in image sequence

Nosamax

Feb 13, 2021
Hello,

I'm opening this thread because I need some advice for a client.
I have a new client who wants to make a website for his business of creating custom furniture.

His budget is tight and he wants to go through Wordpress at all costs, I'm pretty comfortable so far no worries.

I've been doing three.js for a while, my client is aware of it and saw my portfolio, so he asked me to make a 3D configurator for his custom furniture, he has an employee who would take care of the 3D. The problem is that his budget is too tight for a custom solution that requires a lot of optimization especially for the mobile.

So I suggested him to use a paying service or to be smart and make a 2D configurator with 3D images that I will animate one after the other to simulate a 3D (apple way), I can do it by hand but considering all the possible configurations it might take me a long time.

I'm looking for a plugin that could do that, the only one I found that comes close is https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/product-configurator-for-woocommerce/. Only I don't feel like it lets me animate images one after the other but only use the layer principle.

The client told me that the most important features of this configurator are :
- 360° view
- Changes in the state of the furniture (e.g. dimensions, door handles, materials etc.)
-Save the model once it is finished

Thank you in advance to any kind soul who would come and help me

Last edited:
How about something like these?
If the customer has a tight budget, tell them they need to be realistic with their expectations. It is up to you whether you want to work for free or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: t76girl
Indeed this is the idea I tried to convey to my client, that's why I am looking for a solution more focused on an image system. Doing it by hand would take me some time but I wanted to find a system that would be convenient for him and me even if he had to take a subscription every month.
Concerning your recommendation, unfortunately I'm looking for a plugin that can allow me to simulate a rotation using a series of images and more broadly that allows me to animate my product images at the click to simulate 3D

EDIT : Ok I found this, that use my idea but only on scroll I would like to make it on click maybe I could try to make a button that scroll a certain amount of the page when my customer click on a product variant, but I am affraid of weird behavior on mobile

Last edited:
Indeed this is the idea I tried to convey to my client, that's why I am looking for a solution more focused on an image system. Doing it by hand would take me some time but I wanted to find a system that would be convenient for him and me even if he had to take a subscription every month.
Concerning your recommendation, unfortunately I'm looking for a plugin that can allow me to simulate a rotation using a series of images and more broadly that allows me to animate my product images at the click to simulate 3D

EDIT : Ok I found this, that use my idea but only on scroll I would like to make it on click maybe I could try to make a button that scroll a certain amount of the page when my customer click on a product variant, but I am affraid of weird behavior on mobile
Looks like you have collected money.

I won't advice taking on a job like this with a very tight budget from the customer.

Low budget and broke clients are usually very ungrateful as long as they're paying you some peanuts.

Reactions: t76girl
Looks like you have collected money.

I won't advice taking on a job like this with a very tight budget from the customer.

Low budget and broke clients are usually very ungrateful as long as they're paying you some peanuts.
Don't take this the wrong way but I feel like you are extrapolating what I said, the client has a budget that is too tight for a 3D configurator under three.js, but reasonable enough for an alternative. As I said above I warned my client that it would not be possible with his budget, I'm just looking for an alternative that fits in his price. Also I don't seem to have said that I accepted the contract yet ^^

Reactions: Saint Gabriel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock