• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How to update wordpress theme and plugins manually without errors

Saint Gabriel

Trusted Uploader
Jan 3, 2020
WordPress has a built-in feature to install themes and plugins by supplying a zip file. Unfortunately, you cannot upgrade a theme or plugin using the same process. Instead, WordPress will say “destination already exists” when trying to upgrade using a zip file and will fail to upgrade the theme or plugin.

Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades fixes this limitation in WordPress by automatically upgrading the theme or plugin if it already exists.

While upgrading, a backup copy of the old theme or plugin is first created. This allows you to install the old version in case of problems with the new version.

To upgrade your nulled theme from the admin dashboard, all you need to do is go to:

Plugins > Add New and search, install and activate the plugin: "Easy Theme and Plugins Upgrades"

How do I upgrade a plugin?

-Download the latest .zip file for the plugin.
-Go to “Plugins”>“Add New.”
-Click the “Upload Plugin” button at the top of the page.
-Select the .zip file with the updated version of the plugin.
-Click the “Install Now” button.

How do I upgrade a theme?

-Download the latest .zip file for the theme.
-Go to “Appearance”>“Themes.”
-Click the “Add New” button at the top of the page.
-Click the “Upload Theme” button at the top of the page.
-Select the .zip file with the updated version of the theme.
-Click the “Install Now” button.

Easy Peazy Japanesy...

it doesnt work for Bookly plugin:

public_html/wp-content/plugins/bookly-responsive-appointment-booking-tool/autoload.php on line 18

it doesnt work for Bookly plugin:

public_html/wp-content/plugins/bookly-responsive-appointment-booking-tool/autoload.php on line 18

Did you try this?

Update:

You can also use the "Update Theme and Plugins from Zip File" plugin.

If it doesn't work still, then you should install: WP File Manager.

Then you upload the Updated plugin Zip file to the plugins folder, then you Unzip and overwrite the old file.

It works very well with Bookly I just tried! It was just to deactivate the old one and activate the new one and then throw away the old one.
I got an error message just like you, but it was just scroll down and deactivate / activate

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Saint Gabriel
Lo he hecho con este pluggin "easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades" Me fue bien.

Attachments

• easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades.2.0.1.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 4
I din't Install Easy Theme and Plugins Upgrades, but Work's

That New Themes/Plugin, Overwritten old themes/plugin. they not change old setting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ashman74
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock