• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Help with WooCommerce Product Search

mandar.diwate40

Banned User
Jun 25, 2019
I have downloaded WooCommerce Product Search, and I need a small help.

When I place the shortcode for the plugin on the page, a textbox is placed and the placeholder has text Search in it. There is a setting to change the placeholder text in the backend, under WooCommerce-> Settings-> Search.
But even after changing it doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone guide me where can I change the text from?
(I need to change the placeholder text in the searchbox)

sometimes plugins has conflict with another or sometimes has a bug.
Try translate with plugin's language file (which .pot file extension)

Reactions: Babak
Hello @melbagnato,

Here are the two screenshots:

I have placed the shortcode on the front portion. Using the DIVI theme. And I have included the backend screenshot as well.

In your screenshots, you have the word "Search" in the settings, and "Search" appears in the search box. Can you change the settings page to something different and see what happens ? Also, can you send a URL and I can check the CSS settings.

In your screenshots, you have the word "Search" in the settings, and "Search" appears in the search box. Can you change the settings page to something different and see what happens ? Also, can you send a URL and I can check the CSS settings.
The placeholder has "Search Your Favorite Product" and the submit button has "Search" as text. I am looking at replacing the text in the placeholder. I am currently working on local server, and so I do not have a URL.

Hello @melbagnato,

Here are the two screenshots:

I have placed the shortcode on the front portion. Using the DIVI theme. And I have included the backend screenshot as well.
"Search" text In settings page changes button text not placeholder but i have not seen any search button screenshot.

If you dont use any external search plugin and using standard theme's search input let check this:
right click of "search text" and click the "inspect element" and find the input class name or ID and search that name in all theme files and check that string has "_e" tag before string?

Reactions: Babak
Search button is disabled. And I am using WooCommerce Product Search plugin downloaded from Babiato.
When I click inspect element, here is the code I see
Code:
<input id="product-search-field-0" name="s" type="text" class="product-search-field" placeholder="Search" autocomplete="off">

Search button is disabled. And I am using WooCommerce Product Search plugin downloaded from Babiato.
When I click inspect element, here is the code I see
Code:
<input id="product-search-field-0" name="s" type="text" class="product-search-field" placeholder="Search" autocomplete="off">
Okay.
Seem placeholder string is not translatable. So i think, in pot file does not contain this string.

You can use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/say-what/ for temporarily

• Love
Reactions: Babak and nachomama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mastbabia
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock