• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Hello, I have mistakenly downloaded and uploaded staging site website to live site using Allinone WP plugin. And my live site is having issues now.

CooLi

Aug 25, 2022
Hello, so last time I have created staging site using WP staging pro and when I was finished working and ready to push it to the live site, I used WP staging Pro first but then the website was not looking as it should. Then I used All in one Plugin and downloaded the staging sites website which was created using WP staging Pro and the uploaded it to the live site. But now on the live site when I activated WP staging pro it shows that it is a staging site and it is not getting indexed or anything. How can I fix it? should I check htaccess, robot.txt or anything to make my site fully live site please? thanks.

If you migrated the staging site of course the site is being seen as a staging site because that's what it is.
You should only use WP Staging to push the staging site to the live site.

You should probably restore to an older backup if you have.

For the site to get indexed make sure to disable this option:

Reactions: CooLi
If you migrated the staging site of course the site is being seen as a staging site because that's what it is.
You should only use WP Staging to push the staging site to the live site.

You should probably restore to an older backup if you have.

For the site to get indexed make sure to disable this option:
Thanks for the tip, but what if I dont have a backup what is my solution to fully make it a live website, will contacting WP staging PRO help?

It's possible that your hosting has a backup of your cpanel account. If not then no luck. Make sure to always have backups of everything.
Will it have any side effect on my website though? in long term?

Already said, but PLEASE invest money into backups. You have to spend money to make money
Mail, hosting, security, failsafes, etc
Be aware of mistakes and prepare backups!
If your changing something, back it up. Note down everything important. PHP version, WP version, etc
the easiest way is to just add phpinfo() into a static file, then download the output from your browser. If you know what everything is, you'll know what to set to fix it. For production, getting a VPS is better as you'll have full control over EVERYTHING. I would reccomend AWS due to scaling, but for staging you are better off with linode or hetzner :)

Already said, but PLEASE invest money into backups. You have to spend money to make money
Mail, hosting, security, failsafes, etc
Be aware of mistakes and prepare backups!
If your changing something, back it up. Note down everything important. PHP version, WP version, etc
the easiest way is to just add phpinfo() into a static file, then download the output from your browser. If you know what everything is, you'll know what to set to fix it. For production, getting a VPS is better as you'll have full control over EVERYTHING. I would reccomend AWS due to scaling, but for staging you are better off with linode or hetzner :)
Thanks for the tip, ya I learned my lesson the hard way. Hope there won't be any effect on my website once it starts ranking. Anything that I should check on my files? Luckily woocommerce is not showing any signs that it's a staging site as well, so am not sure

Thanks for the tip, ya I learned my lesson the hard way. Hope there won't be any effect on my website once it starts ranking. Anything that I should check on my files? Luckily woocommerce is not showing any signs that it's a staging site as well, so am not sure
use a plugin to display wordpress info, usually a sitecheck plugin
should detect some errors

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock