• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Configuring Varnish tutorial

Badly I don't have any live experience with varnish , could suggest your google results - but I don't let other's shoot arrows towards unpredictable success rate :)
Thank you for your reply.
I've installed Bitnami wordpress with nginx and sss stack on my linux localhost because I thought it will be easier to conigure the stack. Sadly, there is no online tutorial for configuring that stack with varnish cache on localhost.
I had to delete Bitnami stack and I installed LEMP stack separately.

Thank you for your reply.
I've installed Bitnami wordpress with nginx and sss stack on my linux localhost because I thought it will be easier to conigure the stack. Sadly, there is no online tutorial for configuring that stack with varnish cache on localhost.
I had to delete Bitnami stack and I installed LEMP stack separately.

You can try pre-configured stack like slickstack or easyengine. These stacks handle server config, security, performance, so you can focus on development.

Reactions: Sara7
Here it is if you still need it... varnish-nginx-wordpress vcl
And more if you want to dive into it Varnish Configs
By the way Bitnami way for varnish Configuring Varnish in Bitnami

Thank you @ckeeper for your tips.

Unfortunately, as you can see on provided link Configuring Varnish in Bitnami, this is configuration only for Apache.

Luckily, I gave up from Bitnami. I installed LEMP without any pre-configured stack. Varnish works fine, except woocommerce pages.

Unfortunately, as you can see on provided link Configuring Varnish in Bitnami, this is configuration only for Apache.

Luckily, I gave up from Bitnami. I installed LEMP without any pre-configured stack. Varnish works fine, except woocommerce pages.
You have to exclude woo pages from varnish. Here's from the official woocommerce page https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/configuring-caching-plugins/#section-5

I use varnish on my woocommerce sites, I excluded these pages and cookies:
Page:
cart
my-account
checkout
addons
\?add-to-cart=
add-to-cart

Cookies:
woocommerce_cart_hash
woocommerce_items_in_cart
wp_woocommerce_session_

Reactions: Sara7 and tikona6
I did the same when I was with EIG hosting. They still provide Varnish Caching with their plans.

You have to exclude woo pages from varnish. Here's from the official woocommerce page https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/configuring-caching-plugins/#section-5

I use varnish on my woocommerce sites, I excluded these pages and cookies:
Page:
cart
my-account
checkout
addons
\?add-to-cart=
add-to-cart

Cookies:
woocommerce_cart_hash
woocommerce_items_in_cart
wp_woocommerce_session_

Above information is correct but be careful when using it with cache extensions like WP Rocket, W3T etc, some of this is automatically handled. It is more of a fine tuning really.

Compare your varnish.vcl (usually under /etc/varnish/varnish.vcl) with the following one optimized for woocommerce and nginx Varnish Config file for wordpress+woocommerce+nginx .What kind of problems are you still having with it?

Hey Sara, I have tested bitnami Nginx stack with PHP and MySQL (LEMP) on my virtualbox, under the stack directory there is varnish, all the procedures I have posted for apache is same for the nginx version to activate Varnish. I hope this has cleared up your issue.

Code:
sudo mv installdir/varnish/scripts/ctl.sh.disabled installdir/varnish/scripts/ctl.sh
sudo installdir/ctlscript.sh start varnish

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock