• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Can an admin check passwords of registered users?

asdriel

Apr 26, 2019
www.bantu-2rsn.com
I have a site where I open accounts for users and hand over login credentials to them.
Now, Let's say that a user forgot his password, and wants to reset it. He clicks "Lost your password?" link on the login page and a new password is then automatically sent to his mail box.
Being the admin, is there any way that I could check this user's new password without resetting it?
The reason for this is that I always have to have access to registered users' accounts.
Thanks!

That's a sick idea to have access to user's accounts man (n):sneaky:

For your answer: No, unless you designed the system you can't (wordpress, xenforo kind of platforms) have access to user's password, it remains in encrypted form in database .
I know thats crazy
but i would like to be sure that it's impossible,
thank you bro

I have a site where I open accounts for users and hand over login credentials to them.
Now, Let's say that a user forgot his password, and wants to reset it. He clicks "Lost your password?" link on the login page and a new password is then automatically sent to his mail box.
Being the admin, is there any way that I could check this user's new password without resetting it?
The reason for this is that I always have to have access to registered users' accounts.
Thanks!
Yes you can. In WordPress, it's look like this:

If you need to access users accounts, you can use a plugin for this: Wordpress User Switching.

If you need to access users accounts, you can use a plugin for this: Wordpress User Switching.
As this guy said, it's not a good practice to interfere with the privacy of anyone but if you need access to the account as an admin then this plugin is enough and works well

Reactions: asdriel and Taekiwz
Thanks!
Yes you can, if you have all the site root logins and you are a top level hacker....
Anyway you can still make use of this plugin Use Administrator Password is better than user switch you dont need to logout any account and with the admin password, you can access any account registered on your website, you can also assign another role that can also access other users on your site... ;)

Reactions: asdriel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock